IGNORED

Boulder Dash ROM will not be released

Rev

I have just finished reading all 25 pages of this thread and it occurs to me that if INTV Boulder Dash is licensed then undoubtedly the copyright holder - First Star - would probably not accdept

a release of a ROM image unless it could be guaranteed to be secure, and probably not at all since such a guarantee is difficult to provide.

Unfortunate. Maybe the game will make it into one of those flashback thingies.

And Blix? You were commenting about it's superiority because you believe - without evidence - that more people are playing it.

Hmmmmm...

Your source for your speculation?

:lol: I commented about Blix's superiority? :lol: You might want to look up the word "ironically".

I don't need evidence to demonstrate that more people have played Blix. The ROM is being freely (albeit illegally) distributed; anyone who wants to try it, can. The only people who can play BD (beyond the developers/publishers/testers) are those that bought the cart or have friends who did. It's simple math. We're talking 200ish copies at this point, according to one of the publishers. There are more than 200 people involved with this forum alone who trade and play ROMs - at least to the point of trying a new game once - let alone the wider emulation community. There are thousands of people out there who make a point of play-testing every single game they can get their hands on.

• Like 1

No, I find fun in copying others. :)

Do it! I remember one old hat programmer created a VCS port of Star Castle then held it for ransom for $35000. Later he ran a kickstarter release for people to preorder his game. I missed the kickstarter since I only got involved with VCS in 2012.

But amidst all the incessant whining regarding some guy holding the game for a $35,000 ransom, another intrepid programmer began work on his own version of Star Castle, later dubbed Star Castle Arcade to differentiate it from the first, with public betas and all. It's due for release in the AA store any day now.

So to anyone withholding something when there's clearly a demand for it, don't be shocked when another programmer steals your thunder. I also urge any SNES fans to check out this charming homebrew Rockfall, featuring mode 7 sprite scaling:

https://www.pikointeractive.com/phone/store.html#!/RockFall/p/50560386/category=14008401

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

WOW! And I really mean... WOW!

Earlier this morning I had read up to page 5 of this thread and was thinking strongly about bailing and getting back to work. This was probably going to be a few more pages and the compounding angst was starting to turn my stomach. Soon I looked down and saw I was on page 11, but I wanted to continue because I had some really great thoughts to throw out there that might quell some of the inflamed trifle and bring the important points back into light. But then page 17 and 18 came and went and I just needed to get to the end, which is surely very soon, because there have already been a few mountaintops blown off and the rich minerals mined. And... I don't have time for this. And then the pages kept turning. Turning and turning. Jesus, have mercy. I finally finished.

... now what was it I was going to say?

Edited by TestaOn
  • Like 2

100% true story... I've been enjoying this thread so much that I've been making popcorn while reading it. The other night, I bit into an unpopped kernel, and it shattered my dental crown into four pieces. Now I need a new one. Thanks, thread... :mad:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Internet rule #34

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 1

100% true story... I've been enjoying this thread so much that I've been making popcorn while reading it. The other night, I bit into an unpopped kernel, and it shattered my dental crown into four pieces. Now I need a new one. Thanks, thread... :mad:

Wow ... and I thought that Atari 2600 kernels were hard!

(Okay, that's a really bad joke about display kernels. My apologies.)

• Like 1