IGNORED

Look what I dug out of my garage...

Albert

If there's one thing I learned from the cartoons of my childhood, it's that these 10 Intellivisions are going to combine into an anthropomorphic robot that will battle the forces of evil.

6 if it's the older ones, 5 if it's the newer "Scramble City" style. Or if they're lions.

/me goes back to his corner

• Like 1

That's funny people still remember that URL. I used to own it but let it go and Albert swooped in and got it. :-)

Huh, I didn't know you owned it!!

I do intend to use it to host Intellivision content, but first I need to get some upgrades finished on AtariAge.com (which I am actively working on--the forum software update a few days ago was one of those items..)

..Al

So, I tested all ten systems yesterday. Of them, only four worked without issues. Of the other six, two do not boot a cartridge, but instead show a black screen. Of the remaining four, one shows bad data in graphic tiles (bad RAM chip or other chip?), another doesn't respond to the player one controller, another crashes after a few minutes (with different carts, as well), and the last one had extremely poor RF video (beyond just typical RF interference).

For now, I just needed three systems I can send off to have a composite/audio mod installed. Would be nice to get the other systems working at some point.

..Al

Huh, I didn't know you owned it!!

I do intend to use it to host Intellivision content, but first I need to get some upgrades finished on AtariAge.com (which I am actively working on--the forum software update a few days ago was one of those items..)

..Al

I was going to build my site around that name. But decided on Revolution instead.

I hope you get an intv-age site up. Cant have too many!

• 3 weeks later...

I now have three A/V modified Intellivision systems. Tested them earlier and they look great on a CRT compared to the RF output! Now I am playing around with them on a 65" LCD television.. <grin>

Good to see them working. I've honestly never been happy with any of my AV modded Intellivision I's or II's. The colors were never quite right and there was some ghosting. RGB modded on the other hand (and used with the XRGB-mini), the picture is perfection.

• Like 1

The color is actually better in person than what the photo shows. There is no "gradient" with the blue border, for instance, it's a solid, darker blue, and the colors on the chips are also washed out in the photo. I'd have to use my real camera to take a better photo. For composite, with the XRGB-mini, the output is pretty damn good. With S-Video on one of my 2600 systems, it's even better. There is a tiny bit of ghosting with the Intellivision, but that's fine, None at all with the 2600 and S-Video.

..Al

You should try to get homebrew game, D2K. It's the game that got me to get an Intellivision. It is a fantastic version of Donkey Kong.

Yeah, I picked Donkey Kong there as I knew some people would get a kick out of that. I should get my hands on some of the many excellent Intellivision homebrews..

..Al