IGNORED

unknown cart

dlarge

I have the pcb from an atari cart. I do not know what system this could be for.

I know the following:

It is a 30 pin cart (15 pins each side)

It has 2 chips on the PCB made in 1981

Thats about it. If anyone wants me to count the number of pins for the chips and post the part numbers I can do that.

I want to know this as I would like to see what game is on it (if it still works of course)

Thanks for any help. Hope it's an interesting problem at least.

Thanks for narrowing it down for me.

I've only just started looking at atari (I collect old computers + games). Unfortunatley I only used an atari machine once round a friends house. I myself started with commodore.

I've recently got hold of an atari lynx, a machine that I have wanted ever since I was 12. I can see that I was not wrong in thinking this was a great machine. Everyone else in my class thought I was crazy!

Until about a month ago, I had never seen a lynx in the uk (boxed or not) and certainly never handled one.

I have a suspision that they are quite rare over here in the uk. After sales discontinued I almost gave up looking for one!

Now I've got one, I find that no matter where I look I havn't found any games!

Well, of course there is ebay.co.uk and retrogames.co.uk but I prefer to walk in, look, and buy.

Anyway, lets assume that my unkown cart it is for a 400. Would the cart and game be compatible in an 800?

Also, just in case anyone can identify the cart from the chips:

There are 2 chips, parralell to each other and vertically aligned to the cartridge contacts.

looking left - right:

1st chip

C47032

C017319A

2nd chip

C47033

C060319A

The PCB also appears to have a serial number. (may be associated with the game):

C016958

Just so you know...if the cart works on a 400, it would work on an 800 as well (the OS is the same on both systems). I doubt that it's one of the handful of "Right" cartridges that would only work on the 800 (the 800 had two cart slots)...since the parts' numbers sound similar to Atari's usual numbers (no Right cartridges were made by Atari).

From the date, it's obvious that this is the system OS that the cart was made for. XL/XE -might- have a problem with compatability, since the OS was slightly different on the XL/XE systems.