IGNORED

What's your favorite table of Pinball Fantasies?

atari2600land

What's your favorite Pinball Fantasy?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Pinball Fantasy?

• Party Land
    • Speed Devils
    • Billion Dollar Game Show
    • Stones 'n' Bones

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Stones 'n Bones is probably the most fun from a "flow" perspective as it's very easy to combo the ramps back and forth. I actually prefer the other tables though because there is more to do on them with more interesting shots. The side targets on Stones are required to progress through the game and some are nearly impossible to hit without a lucky bounce into them. I picked "Party Land" just for the sake of participating in the poll, but I like all of the tables in the game.

I had and played it almost exclusively on the Amiga but other versions are fairly similar.

Stones 'n Bones by light years. Probably played the others maybe a few times each. Pinball Fantasies was on regular rotation in my games collection back then. That series helped propel video based pinball into the modern sim era.

Stones 'n Bones is probably the most fun from a "flow" perspective as it's very easy to combo the ramps back and forth. I actually prefer the other tables though because there is more to do on them with more interesting shots. The side targets on Stones are required to progress through the game and some are nearly impossible to hit without a lucky bounce into them. I picked "Party Land" just for the sake of participating in the poll, but I like all of the tables in the game.

I would like to ask a favor of you Austin. From reading your posts regarding pinball games over the years you sound like you are quite accomplished at pinball games and I am pretty sure you have done some Jaguar videos before. Maybe you could consider doing some videos of you doing all the cool things on the Jaguar's pinball games. Sometimes when you are talking about pinball specifics I am just like "what the hell is he talking about." I know it would be a lot of work, but I would really like to see some of the things it takes to "progress through the game."

Of course there might already be some videos up on youtube that show some cool stuff, but I do not know of any.

I would like to ask a favor of you Austin. From reading your posts regarding pinball games over the years you sound like you are quite accomplished at pinball games and I am pretty sure you have done some Jaguar videos before. Maybe you could consider doing some videos of you doing all the cool things on the Jaguar's pinball games. Sometimes when you are talking about pinball specifics I am just like "what the hell is he talking about." I know it would be a lot of work, but I would really like to see some of the things it takes to "progress through the game."

I have thought about doing some let's play videos on Pinball Fantasies, but I'm not sure how effective they would be. The thing is that to get really good points on these games, you either have to shoot the same shots over and over (in the case of Stones 'n Bones, hit the ramps back and forth all day), or light up the things in the middle of the playfield to unlock bigger modes and points (on Stones 'n Bones, hitting the targets all over the playfield does this, which is easier said than done). That said, I can do some videos explaining the tables and showing the flipper skills you can use in the game, but making the harder things happen isn't nearly as easy to do as say, on a real pinball machine, due to the limited physics in PF.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I chose PartyLand. I've logged far more hours on Stones n' Bones because I like the horror theme, but clowns are even scarier, and Party Land has a lot going for it.

I have thought about doing some let's play videos on Pinball Fantasies, but I'm not sure how effective they would be. The thing is that to get really good points on these games, you either have to shoot the same shots over and over (in the case of Stones 'n Bones, hit the ramps back and forth all day), or light up the things in the middle of the playfield to unlock bigger modes and points (on Stones 'n Bones, hitting the targets all over the playfield does this, which is easier said than done). That said, I can do some videos explaining the tables and showing the flipper skills you can use in the game, but making the harder things happen isn't nearly as easy to do as say, on a real pinball machine, due to the limited physics in PF.

We pinball mortals would be grateful! Even though every "trick" in pinball has to do with shooting the ball somewhere or other, trying to apply what you read can be confusing without a visual aid

• 2 months later...

How does Pinball Fantasies on the Jaguar compare to the Snes version? Are they nearly identical, or does the Jag version look much better?

SNES version is said to look worse than Amiga one (understandable). Jaguar version has more colours than Amiga but its balls are lacking (slower, apparently).

So Amiga >> Jaguar >>>> SNES?