IGNORED

atari 2600 to 5200 adaptor

tobias_project

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, the adaptor has 2 joystick ports built into it so you can use 2600 sticks with the 2600 games. Its a neat little gadget, I have one and its the only way I can play my 2600 games since mine died. The funny thing is that I don't have any 5200 controllers so I can ONLY play 2600 games on the 5200

What!?! I'd get the 5200 controllers replaced first, he has the 2600 adapter, what does he need the 2600 for? Now, that's Bizzare and sad; suggesting he should get a 2600 first? I just can't see any logic in that.

I'm not sure what your chances are of finding NEW 5200 controllers, I imagine pretty darn slim. But, 5200 controller just aren't that hard to get working if they are "broken." The 5200 I just got came with 3 "broken" controllers, but only one is truely broken(it's actually missing parts), the other two I opened up and cleaned all the contacts with a pencil eraser and rubbing alcohol, and they both work as good as new now! So if you have 5200 controllers that the buttons just don't seem to work on them, try cleaning them like I did, there are precise instructions on how to do this under the 5200 section at WWW.atarihq.com , assuming you don't find yourself competent enough to do it on your own.

probably about the same as winning the lottery. I'm going to make myself a y-cable to use my pc quickshot flightstick with my 5200. I downloaded instructions and a radioshack parts list for just such a project(it'll be a lot easier than locating a Wico stick or Masterplay interface, probably a LOT cheaper too). Should be great with games like StarRaiders.

I'm going to make myself a y-cable to use my pc quickshot flightstick with my 5200. I downloaded instructions and a radioshack parts list for just such a project(it'll be a lot easier than locating a Wico stick or Masterplay interface, probably a LOT cheaper too).  

If you build two of them, perhaps I can trade you a few 5200 games or something (like, cash). It would be nice to use a PC analog joystick on the 5200. I'm not terribly great at throwing electronic gadgets together or I'd do it myself.

..Al

All right, if I'm making one, a second wouldn't be a problem...although a friend of mine just borrowed my pc stick, but I'll get it back in a week or so...(I'll need it to test out the y-cable eventually)

One thing I'm concerned about with this project is compatability with different types of PC sticks. Mine is a Quickshot with four buttons and throttle control. I haven't look closely at the instructions for the cable yet, so I'm not sure what's up. I also intend to make one (a y-cable) for my Jaguar, because Battlesphere has a code for analog controls (but you still need the keypad for it as well). That one I'll have to figure out from scratch, I think, I haven't seen anything on the net about making one...

I also intend to make one (a y-cable) for my Jaguar, because Battlesphere has a code for analog controls (but you still need the keypad for it as well). That one I'll have to figure out from scratch, I think, I haven't seen anything on the net about making one...  

If you do end up creating such a cable from scratch, if you type up plans for it we'd be glad to put it online here so other Jaguar enthusiasts can recreate your efforts. If you take pictures along the way depicting construction, even better. And of course, schematics drawn in a paint program (as opposed to ASCII "art") go a long way.

..Al