IGNORED

Intv programming contest game ideas

If someone does a mario clone (super plumber bros. ? Sm1b.. :/) i would be more than happy to do the neccessary art for it. I have already recreated all the art/ characters and maps for super mario bros for nes out of sheer boredom/ fun. And ive dabbled a little in the intv grafx for smb.

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 2

I also like this idea.

My suggestions: Berzerk, Frostbite, Keystone Kapers, Seaquest, Seaweed Assault, Thunderground and Yars Revenge.

i luuuuv yars revenge!! I dont know if the inty can properly emulate all the flickering colors however. Edited by pimpmaul69

Sure. But wouldn't that lose points for originality?

Yeah, actually I think that in that regard this thread as a whole is contraproductive. If people post very specific gameplay ideas it may really influence devs and cost them points. Adapting known games on the other Hand would probably disqualify a game for originality entirely.

Yeah, actually I think that in that regard this thread as a whole is contraproductive. If people post very specific gameplay ideas it may really influence devs and cost them points. Adapting known games on the other Hand would probably disqualify a game for originality entirely.

Not quite. I guess if everybody decides to make Super Mario Bros. then, yes. However, the "originality" category is not necessarily intended for absolutely new concepts (though, of course, that will help!), but also for existing concepts adapted and rethought.

In any case, if someone posts a game idea in this thread and a programmer implemented it exactly as described with absolutely no additional creative embellishments from his own; then yes, that game will not be very original and suffer in its score. I doubt programmers work that way, though. :)

Keep another thing in mind too: there is nothing new under the sun. It is likely the case that all entries will derive from existing concepts, and that the deciding factor will be the technical and conceptual merits.

In any case, the point is to have a bit of fun and to get acquainted with the platform. :)

-dZ.

• Like 3

Also worth mentioning Years Revenge is a very interesting example of 'derived' creativity. It should be the Atari port of Star Castle but turned out to be a very appreciated 'new' game.

Maybe one could mix Years Revenge, Star Castle (atari homebrew) and Seaweed Assault (atari batariBasic homebrew) elements.

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision

How would my chances be if I would manage to display "Hello world"? The game being that the Player has to turn the console on to make the text appear? I imagine I could manage that in half a year, though it would probably be slow and Buggy. icon_mrgreen.gif

I really like the idea to make this contest.

If you're serious about your 'hello world', I'm up to make a faster buggy version. icon_biggrin.gif icon_razz.gif

• Like 1

There are 8 scoring categories going from 1 to 10 and originality is one of these. But fortunately it doesn't disqualify a game ;)

Tarzilla, on 02 Jul 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:snapback.png

Well, if you're going to be THAT way about it, I guess I'll quit working on my "Secret Government Pancake Project" game right now!

Is that a sequel or an unlicensed pirate version? ;-)

And it is a waste of time anyway as the most recently posted version has pancakes in it...;-)

Edited by Tarzilla