IGNORED

1985 Pac Man

roadrunner

Can you get me a good scan of the front and back cover? Also, can you tell me the Rev # and on the bottom tiny flap, who is the printer and the date? Thanks.

Phil

My games are all boxed up because I'm moving next week, but I'll get you the pics and info later this month. It will actually be nice to have my Atari games out and accessible again.

Well since there is a 1986 Backgammon cart, there must be some box to it. Whether it's grey or an Atari Corp or maybe multi-language doesn't matter to me short of finding out exactly that the box exists in some form.

Phil

I've seen references to Backgammon having a grey box, and while I've seen pics of the late release cart, I have not seen the box to confirm a grey release.

I have the Backgammon 1986 scan of the cart and I've seen the 1986 black and white manual, so logically there must be a box. I never went ahead and put a rarity on the boxes with the list. I always left that up to other sites. Also, I could never judge how rare a foreign released box would be as I personally would not run across them too often, but there could be hundreds or thousands of copies in other countries.

Phil

I have the Backgammon 1986 scan of the cart and I've seen the 1986 black and white manual, so logically there must be a box. I never went ahead and put a rarity on the boxes with the list. I always left that up to other sites. Also, I could never judge how rare a foreign released box would be as I personally would not run across them too often, but there could be hundreds or thousands of copies in other countries.

Phil

It doesn't have to be B&W though. ;)

Does anybody have all of the grey box releases?

These are the ones I know of:

Backgammon

BASIC Programming

Basketball

Blackjack

Bowling

Brain Games

Canyon Bomber

Codebreaker

Demons to Diamonds

Flag Capture

Fun with Numbers

A Game of Concentration

Golf

Home Run

Maze Craze

Night Driver

Outlaw

Pac-Man

RealSports Volleyball

Surround

Swordquest - Earthworld

Crap, I missed this post. I think I have 17 of those. SHIT! :mad:

• Haha 1

I am missing Blackjack, Maze Craze, Pac-Man, Surround, and, if it exists, Backgammon.

I have Maze Craze and Pac-Man, but I don't have the other 3 either, I am almost sure that the Backgammon re-release comes in a colored box (like the red Berzerk). I've been too lazy to go in there to figure out exactly which ones I am missing. But we sure know, BlackJack is really rare.

• 2 weeks later...

I am missing Blackjack, Maze Craze, Pac-Man, Surround, and, if it exists, Backgammon.

I don't believe the grey box exists for Backgammon, even though I was told it does. I say this because I just picked up the 1986 Atari Corp box today and will be scanning and adding it on the page by tomorrow. I got it pretty cheap too. I'm a happy camper. It is actually sealed! I think I may keep this one. Sad thing is I don't know printer and printed date, nor know what the cart and manual inside looks like. :(

Forgot to mention, but it actually has the black Special Edition bar on the front like the early release.

Phil

Decided to scan and not keep you in suspense. I did NOT remove the plastic tab which I am guessing is what tore the top of the box back.

http://www.videogamevariations.com/AtariCompanies/AtariGames/Backgammon/backgammonboxes.htm

Edited by Philflound