IGNORED

No power button on the Videopac...

Steel76

I read on some info page, that it's safe to change games when the power is on. Just insert a new cart and press reset.

But is it REALLY safe to do so?

It's really a hassle to unplug the system every time I change the game, so if it IS safe, it would make things much easier ;)

It's still a pretty stupid decision to leave out the power button on the Videopac.

If it's not safe, I might try to install a switch later on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I read on some info page, that it's safe to change games when the power is on. Just insert a new cart and press reset.

But is it REALLY safe to do so?

It's really a hassle to unplug the system every time I change the game, so if it IS safe, it would make things much easier ;)

It's still a pretty stupid decision to leave out the power button on the Videopac.

If it's not safe, I might try to install a switch later on.

Okay I have a revolutionary idea. Plug it into a "clapper" device. You know, the kind that when you clap it can turn the device on and off. So when you want to play games a simple applause will turn it on and off! BEST IDEA EVER!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Videopac G7000 is quite roomy inside and has lots of room for modifications. In fact it's an EXCELLENT platform for a NEWBIE to practice modding equipment and to get a little experience under their belt. Installing a simple switch is cheap and easy. You can pick any spot you want to mount it too.

566795Philips-G7000.jpg

<< THIS LINK >> has lot of button options to choose from.

Who knows, after you get comfortable with that you might decide to do the joystick mod or maybe even the RF mod.

Have fun! :)

• Like 1