IGNORED

HSC12 Round 11 Poll - Mid Season Finale!

Extended round - see post below for details  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Extended Round - see post below for details

• Tetris vs Tetris
    • Boulderdash Bonanza
    • Best of BASIC II
    • Pole Position Extra Tracks
    • Mixed Bag of Mini Games

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

We'll make this "Mid Season Finale" as it will be the final round of the first half of the season; a 3 week round with plenty of chances for bonus points. The tables will be then zeroed if we get a few new players (the season will still be combined scores for both halves) ! Poll closes Sunday 15th July

Tetris vs Tetris - well pit the Tetris games against each other in a tournament to see which is the best Tetris game. Game A vs Game B etc, 3 players play each pair and vote for the best game, the winning games go on to the next round. Only standard Tetris games will count not Stackup / Tris / Dr Mario types.

ctetris4.pngibm_tetris.pngtetris_(hmc).png

Boulderdash Bonanza - 1pt per level completed - we'll play a bunch of the home brew Boulderdashes If you only play one then that is ok, but usually the first few levels are easier so this way you can play any you fancy.

arno_boulderdash_1.pngbandit_boulderdash_1.pngboulder_dash_hop_iii.png

Best of BASIC II - a selection of "fun" Atari BASIC games - some may have machine code. And by fun I mean gruelling and slow, you know the sort ;) These are usually very quick to play. Perhaps some type-ins from the magazines?

basic_burger.pngbricklayers_nightmare.png doctor_boris!.png

and how about Aladdin by the famous Ulf Petersen... aladin.png

Pole Position Extra Tracks - slightly different bends, with incredibly strong sign-posts! What more could we wish for? This is one game: Pole Position; just some different circuits :P

Probably not the one shown as the sign-posts appear in the middle of the road, but I have some others.pole_position_xplus.png

Mixed Bag of Mini Games - slection of simpler games that probably won't make it into the HSC for a normal round. Again these don't take a lot of time to play but are fun. e.g. Cloudburst, Shoot, KickBack, Night Mission Pinball, SpeedMaza, Stampede, Bigfoot and Mr. Tnt perhaps. There may be some you have already suggested on the games list that are suitable?

bigfoot.pngmr._tnt.pngkickback.pngnight_mission.pngcloudburst.pngspeedmaza.pngshoot.pngstampede.png

Suggestions welcome especailly for the Mini and BASIC games

Everyone welcome to play :)

Edited by therealbountybob
More Info

None of the above! :(

Ok you're volunteered for the end of season round :grin: There must be a few little games you fancy playing in the Mixed Bag. Looking for fun and short. I've added a couple of suggestions.

No 1 game for 2 weeks?

One game for 3 weeks: Pole Position :P

The Boulderdash round you can play a single game also.

I've added more details to the first post :)

This round I voted for the "Boulderdash" games. I've never been a huge fan of the series, but I've never disliked it either; I just don't have much experience playing it. I didn't see the "Boulderdash" until the 90s (though I certainly knew it existed back in the 80s). When I finally played it, I was surprised that the character moved in step-like fashion rather than pixel-by-pixel. This weird movement turned me off at first.

My first wife used to love to play "Boulderdash" on her Apple II. In about 1993/94, I bought some disks for five bucks each from a PD house called LAPD (Lake Almanor Public Domain) in California. Each disk contained extra levels for use with the game-- I can't remember if the game came with it or not. I suppose it shouldn't have, since it wasn't PD, but I do think I could play the levels, and I don't recall owning the game. My wife didn't end up playing the homemade "Boulderdash" levels (she was busy playing on our new Amiga 1200), but I did play them. For this reasoh, I've certainly played more unofficial Boulderdash levels than official ones. Some of those level were good, and some were not, all of them looked like they took a long time to create.

I've always wanted to try my hand at making a "Boulderdash" level. Would there be any bonus points for creating a level(s)?

This round I voted for the "Boulderdash" games. I've never been a huge fan of the series, but I've never disliked it either; I just don't have much experience playing it. I didn't see the "Boulderdash" until the 90s (though I certainly knew it existed back in the 80s). When I finally played it, I was surprised that the character moved in step-like fashion rather than pixel-by-pixel. This weird movement turned me off at first.

My first wife used to love to play "Boulderdash" on her Apple II. In about 1993/94, I bought some disks for five bucks each from a PD house called LAPD (Lake Almanor Public Domain) in California. Each disk contained extra levels for use with the game-- I can't remember if the game came with it or not. I suppose it shouldn't have, since it wasn't PD, but I do think I could play the levels, and I don't recall owning the game. My wife didn't end up playing the homemade "Boulderdash" levels (she was busy playing on our new Amiga 1200), but I did play them. For this reasoh, I've certainly played more unofficial Boulderdash levels than official ones. Some of those level were good, and some were not, all of them looked like they took a long time to create.

I've always wanted to try my hand at making a "Boulderdash" level. Would there be any bonus points for creating a level(s)?

Sure, go ahead :thumbsup: hopefully in a couple of Pro© magazines time you might see an aticle of interest ;)

If anyone has a particular home brew BD they like, post and let me know, I just picked the first ones buy some people who had created lots :)

BD is a great game once you have the confidence to go flat out when necessary (even though it's not necessarily necessary)

:)