IGNORED

Now is the time to buy!

Omega-TI

The real smart money goes on purchasing a cheap Gotek drive from China and flashing it with the latest HxC firmware ;)

Have you tried this? Does it work? The raw Gotek drives where denounced in another thread, but the hxc2001 guy did make a firmware for these drives. You don't get to use nice file names... DSKA0000.HFE, DSKA0001.HFE...

Supposed to work just like the SD based HxC drives, but uses USB-thumbdrive instead of SD.

Anyway, I grabbed one for kicks that has been flashed with this firmware, but am having difficulty getting an HFE file that is compatible with TIFDC, 40 track single-density. So right now it is still looking more like a waste of real money, instead of real smart money.

Have you tried this? Does it work? The raw Gotek drives where denounced in another thread, but the hxc2001 guy did make a firmware for these drives. You don't get to use nice file names... DSKA0000.HFE, DSKA0001.HFE...

Supposed to work just like the SD based HxC drives, but uses USB-thumbdrive instead of SD.

Anyway, I grabbed one for kicks that has been flashed with this firmware, but am having difficulty getting an HFE file that is compatible with TIFDC, 40 track single-density. So right now it is still looking more like a waste of real money, instead of real smart money.

Ok, with some learning and help, the gotek drive with the usb-stick firmware from hxc2001.com does work in the TI. I mostly needed to understand how to use the image creating tools, and then the load them correctly into the hxc - hfe conversion software.

The gotek device still lacks, in that the hfe files must be named sequentially DSKA0000.hfe, etc... it cannot be EA.hfe. Which means I have to document what disks are on which images. But it did cost considerably less. :)

• Like 1