1 hour ago, stupus said:

You mention 29 original games but there 28.

I am counting University of the Solar System as its own game, though it came bundled with Interplanetary Voyage.  Good point: I'll make sure to clarify that when we update. Thanks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zhorton said:

I am counting University of the Solar System as its own game, though it came bundled with Interplanetary Voyage.  Good point: I'll make sure to clarify that when we update. Thanks!

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks :)

12 hours ago, zhorton said:

Excellent work! 

I've done another two games which are listed here:

https://acebloke.wixsite.com/deremakemake/copy-of-items

One is Puck man, a pac man game, and the other is submarine which uses the multicard features. 

There is a couple more games to be found by Sly over at http://odysim.blogspot.com/?m=1 including his own pac man game, and also a recent one called super mario odyssey from another guy. 

I'm looking into self publishing a book on the odyssey this year, and id love to pick your brains over some stuff to put into it as well if that's OK... 

• 10 months later...

So I just spent a couple days getting the OdySim (thank you for making it @slydc you rock, I was never gonna get an actual odyssey so thanks for allowing me to discover this hystorical console) and all the Odyssey games and Homebrews i could find for it.

Let me catch you all to speed since the last time someone posted something on this thread:
the list seems to be missing the three OdySim exclusives:
Duck Hunting (2009 by Sly DC) still available only in OdySim 0.8.
Maze-N-Chase (2012 by Sly DC) still available only in OdySim 0.8.
Vector Tennis (2012 by Sly DC)

Also, no matter how hard i search, it seems like a Midway's Haunted House download link is nowhere to be found, since the only existing one now redirects to a 404

The only 3 homebrews I could find that got their own OdySim release are:

Dodgeball by Atariland2600
Red vs Blue by Revrob

Spacewar by Mikebloke.

I assume all the other homebrews on this list or other such lists only got physical releases for the actual Magnavox Odyssey, but if anyone knows of any other OdySim releases please let me know!
(Or even better @slydc if you have any helpful information on how to port a game to the OdySim given all their instruction manuals and overlays/PNGs/printables, as i was often able to find those for most homebrews)
I also wanted to ask, sly, if you did end up getting permission for your OdySim releases of Mentis Cohorts and Odball after all these years, as those seem to still be sitting there "Waiting for Author Approval" despite the full games being ready to go.

For anyone else on a similar journey, here's a list the other OdySim compatible homebrews that I've seen mentioned online but couldn't find or confirm the existance of:

• Midway's Haunted House (An updated link would fix this easily)
  • Steps & Slides
  • Monopoly
  • Super Blip!
  • Two-for-Tennis
  • Bull's Eye
  • Bean Tossin'
  • Maze-A-Chase (This is 100% just a misspelling of Maze-N-Chase, which is still available in OdySim 0.8)
  • Air Hockey (Sanders Associates Edition)
  • Alien Invaders (Rifle game) (This is 100% just a misspelling of the Space Invaders homebrew, which is actually available with all the official games and OdySim homebrews at https://archive.org/details/OdySim)
  • DOT Pigeons (Rifle game)

image.thumb.png.c080994561b82898269c93324ec7b5c7.png

This is what my collection looks like now, but I wouldn't mind getting as many Homebrews as possible, out of the ones you fine homebrewers in this thread have made over the years.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, atari2600land said:

Six² should be released sometime this year (at least I want it to.)

I got someone to do some overlays so there should be 18 copies of this game available.

I'm definitely in for 1 as always!! :)

• 1 month later...
On 3/26/2023 at 9:10 AM, Problematicar said:

So I just spent a couple days getting the OdySim (thank you for making it @slydc you rock, I was never gonna get an actual odyssey so thanks for allowing me to discover this hystorical console) and all the Odyssey games and Homebrews i could find for it.

Let me catch you all to speed since the last time someone posted something on this thread:
the list seems to be missing the three OdySim exclusives:
Duck Hunting (2009 by Sly DC) still available only in OdySim 0.8.
Maze-N-Chase (2012 by Sly DC) still available only in OdySim 0.8.
Vector Tennis (2012 by Sly DC)

Also, no matter how hard i search, it seems like a Midway's Haunted House download link is nowhere to be found, since the only existing one now redirects to a 404

The only 3 homebrews I could find that got their own OdySim release are:

Dodgeball by Atariland2600
Red vs Blue by Revrob

Spacewar by Mikebloke.

I assume all the other homebrews on this list or other such lists only got physical releases for the actual Magnavox Odyssey, but if anyone knows of any other OdySim releases please let me know!
(Or even better @slydc if you have any helpful information on how to port a game to the OdySim given all their instruction manuals and overlays/PNGs/printables, as i was often able to find those for most homebrews)
I also wanted to ask, sly, if you did end up getting permission for your OdySim releases of Mentis Cohorts and Odball after all these years, as those seem to still be sitting there "Waiting for Author Approval" despite the full games being ready to go.

For anyone else on a similar journey, here's a list the other OdySim compatible homebrews that I've seen mentioned online but couldn't find or confirm the existance of:

• Midway's Haunted House (An updated link would fix this easily)
  • Steps & Slides
  • Monopoly
  • Super Blip!
  • Two-for-Tennis
  • Bull's Eye
  • Bean Tossin'
  • Maze-A-Chase (This is 100% just a misspelling of Maze-N-Chase, which is still available in OdySim 0.8)
  • Air Hockey (Sanders Associates Edition)
  • Alien Invaders (Rifle game) (This is 100% just a misspelling of the Space Invaders homebrew, which is actually available with all the official games and OdySim homebrews at https://archive.org/details/OdySim)
  • DOT Pigeons (Rifle game)

image.thumb.png.c080994561b82898269c93324ec7b5c7.png

This is what my collection looks like now, but I wouldn't mind getting as many Homebrews as possible, out of the ones you fine homebrewers in this thread have made over the years.

Hi Problematicar,

First, my pleasure! Always glad if the OdySim can help/enjoyed/having fun with it. Ok, now let's see...

Duck Hunting and Maze-N-Chase are still in the OdySim version 0.8 since both i have to update them to 0.10.1....err...well now Love2d is version 11.4

so these will have to wait until i update them to a newer version (sorry!). But Vector Tennis is available on Archive, it is under "OdySim-Vector0-10-1.zip".

I also uploaded Midway's Haunted House on Archive (see: OdySim-Midway-HH.zip). :)

As for now, only 3 "officially released" homebrews have been ported to the OdySim and i know that i've talked to Revrob and i don't remember if he gave me

permission, i'll have to check old messages and e-mails. Other "Free" homebrews are: Puck-Man (Pac-Man Demake) and PC-505 Submarine (demake) by Mikebloke,

Super Mario by WWX-wax (on github) and Cops and Robbers by the Odyssey Now team (see their website).

Ok, now for the rest:

• Midway's Haunted House (uploaded! - created in 2019)
  • Steps & Slides (still upcoming, created in 2009)
  • Monopoly (still upcoming, created in 2009)
  • Super Blip! (will be included with Tennis in a newer version - created in 2009)
  • Two-for-Tennis (now called: Two-4-Tenis will be included in Volleyball in a new version - created in 2009)
  • Bull's Eye (still upcoming, created in 2010)
  • Bean Tossin' (still upcoming, created in 2012)
  • Maze-A-Chase (This is 100% just a misspelling of Maze-N-Chase, which is still available in OdySim 0.8 - created in 2013)
  • Air Hockey (Sanders Associates Edition) (will be included with Hockey in a newer version - created in 2013)
  • Alien Invaders (Rifle game) (NOPE! No misspelling....that is one of my old brews way back when i started  in 2008, will be included
  • in Space Invaders in a newer version - created in 2009)
  • DOT Pigeons (Rifle game) (still upcoming, created in 2012)

All brew games created between 2009 and 2010 were developed on the OdyEmu (Odyssey emulator by Paul Robson & David Winter) before i started

doing the OdySim back in 2012. There is also 15 "extra" overlays, which are:

Atari Pong Bezel
Beach Volleyball 
Blue Table Tennis
General Instrument AY-3-8500-1 Tennis
Green Table Tennis
Marx T.V. Tennis
Odyssey 500 "Smash"
Odyssey 500 Hockey
Odyssey 500 Soccer
Odyssey 500 Tennis
Odyssey 500 Volleyball
Prototype Hockey
Prototype Tennis
Tomy Tennis

Corona Invaders 2020 (included with Space Invaders)

And i have more than 30 ports/brews that are still in development (classified for now). ;)

Ok, that's it for today. Take care all! ;)

- Sly DC -