IGNORED

MAME .67 is out Already?!

Sharky

:D  Believe me, I can sympithise. I just got through installing .66 on Thursday (April 3).  :roll:  Seems like every time I upgrade my installation a new one appears.

Ive got dial up and it took me half a day to download and install MAME .66 (DOS), MAME .66 (WIN) and MAME .66 (WINBASE or Front end one), then I was happy then this happens. :ponder:

Oh well, I'll live... :|

Good lord...I don't even want to know the amount of time it takes you to get a common romset of a game :P

Get cable or dsl...not much more expensive than dialup ($40 vs. $30 in my case), and you won't go nuts when a download fails.

Amen to that!

Get cable or dsl...not much more expensive than dialup ($40 vs. $30 in my case), and you won't go nuts when a download fails.

I have cable. Believe me, I do go nuts when downloads fail. It's actually more frustrating for me that way since I expect dial-up to fail occasionally, but cable....

I dont get a problem with Downloads since i use Opera 7, because its got some sort of Download manager inside it. You can always resume downloads.

But seriously MAME probably just fix up 1 Rom-set such as sound or colours then named it as MAME .67. So i wont bother wasting my time again. I'll wait till it gets to about .70 before i re-upgrade.

And yes I am thinking of upgrading to Cable connection but already I got a new Windows version on my mind and also a new CPU upgrade so MAME can wait...

:|

Yeah, there is only one game added with this release (Locked 'N Loaded)...all the other changes are updated romsets.

Ill wait... Its not worth the trouble i already got now 564 Games for MAME and hardly completely any of em.

At least it good to know they never scarp their MAME project unlike other emulators after a while :|

theres supposed to be more than 1 game added in 0.67

New games supported:

Mystic Warriors [R. Belmont, Phil Stroffolino]

Gaiapolis [R. Belmont, Phil Stroffolino]

Metamorphic Force [R. Belmont, Phil Stroffolino]

Kyukyoku Sentai Dadandarn [R. Belmont, Phil Stroffolino, Acho A. Tang]

Violent Storm [R. Belmont, Phil Stroffolino, Acho A. Tang]

Twin Bee Yahhoo! [R. Belmont, Phil Stroffolino, Acho A. Tang]

Martial Champion [R. Belmont, Phil Stroffolino, Acho A. Tang] Lethal Enforcers

2 [R. Belmont, Phil Stroffolino, Olivier Galibert]

Taisen Puzzle-Dama [R. Belmont, Phil Stroffolino, Olivier Galibert]

Gokujou Parodius [R. Belmont, Phil Stroffolino, Olivier Galibert]

Sexy Parodius [R. Belmont, Phil Stroffolino, Olivier Galibert]

Daisu-Kiss [R. Belmont, Phil Stroffolino, Olivier Galibert]

Taisen Tokkae-Dama [R. Belmont, Phil Stroffolino, Olivier Galibert, David

Haywood]

Guardians / Denjin Makai II [Luca Elia]

Dragongun [bryan McPhail]

Tattoo Assassins [bryan McPhail]

Locked 'n Loaded [bryan McPhail]

Dead Angle [bryan McPhail, David Haywood]

Dragon Master [David Haywood, Quench]

Las Vegas Girl (Girl '94) [David Haywood]

Hard Dunk [Jason Lo, R. Belmont, David Haywood]

Outrunners [Jason Lo, R. Belmont, David Haywood]

Tecmo Bowl [David Haywood, Tomasz Slanina]

Complex X [brian Crowe]

I think I'm still using .53 or .54 at home.

I haven't been able to find any roms for it in many, many months. All the old places I gathered roms from have shut down their downloads.

I suggest upgrading soon because most romsets have been redumped again to work better and yes as Nukey Shay said as above WWW.MAME.DK

is the only place you need to go for everything. Just register its free and so simple!. :wink:

I suggest also downloading the Artwork and Samples on some games because some games like Night_Driver has Artwork displayed on-screen and it can't be emulated and some Sound Samples were analog (esciapply older games) and if you ROM has no sound, download its sample and simply add it in your ARTWORK Folder and SAMPLE Folder. Its so easy and cool too. 8)

I now got Space Invaders with Sound and Artwork. The way it should of been. 8)

Yeah, until you update Mame :x

BTW I believe that the program "Missing.exe" still works with the current Mame.dk pages (as long as you are logged in). This program will scan your roms folder using the current version of Mame you have and build a webpage for you that links to the downloads you need to complete your set.

http://closet2mame.vg-network.com/utilities.htm

Note: just like in Penn&Teller's Cruel Tricks For Dear Friends, everything RED is a lie :D

I signed up. Figures a month or two ago there was a game I was looking to get, but couldn't find anywhere. And now that I'm signed up I can't remember what I was looking for. :roll:

What bothers me... is that along with my password e-mail I got the first spam e-mail I've gotten since I changed my e-mail address a long time ago. It was something called "Citysearch." Have no idea what it was, didn't bother looking at it, just blocked it and deleted it. I'm not going to start getting spammed now, am I? I hope not. If I do I'll just change my e-mail again.

I dunno...they used to only send update notifications (?)

And a quick way to find what you were looking for is to download the screenshot zip from Mame.net (I think that's the site), sort the games by type if you remember it, and then just move the cursor keys to see if a picture jarrs your memory.