IGNORED

TI-99/4A Stuff - Is it reliving my past, going back to my computer roots or

RSS Bot

It's amazing how many configurations there can be for one little computer. Over the years my system(s) have changed quite a bit. Now as I relive my youth through my Classic TI-99/4A, I'm finding that I'm having much more fun the second time around!

Here is a walk down memory lane with photos...

My TI-99/4A in 1985
gallery_35324_1027_162559.jpg

Notice the 300 baud acoustical modem? Back then, when the BBS was busy, re-dialing was NOT fun!

My TI's configuration in 1987
gallery_35324_1027_256507.png

I had to 'downsize' a little so I built a hutch for my TI system with the monitor built-in and a nice lighted area for the dot matrix printer. This setup had a floor-mounted switch and EVERYTHING came on at the same time.

My system in 1990 a few months before I 'moved on'.
gallery_35324_1027_412788.jpg

Back around 1990 I was the only remaining TI user in the local area. Everyone else had moved on to PC's, the TI had been long abandoned by Texas Instruments and I did not see the point (back then) of throwing more money at a box that had little going for it. Yes, I was young and dumb!

My NEW (to me) TI system in 2013
gallery_35324_1027_68315.jpg

In 2013 an Atari Age member just 50 miles north of me got me back into Real Iron. I decided to get myself a Nano-PEB, Super Cart and thought I'd be satisfied...

My system now in mid 2015
gallery_35324_1027_58650.jpg

As you can see, I was NOT satisfied. I had three Nano PEB's, all had 'issues', so I got myself a Peripheral Expansion box and THAT was when the 'TI BUG' bit down hard. It seem's I'm always wanting SOMETHING for this box, but it's fun being able to do things I could only dream about all those years ago.

I wonder as I type in this blog entry, what will my system look like two years from now?

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/567/entry-12157-is-it-reliving-my-past-going-back-to-my-computer-roots-or-a-midlife-issue/
  • Like 1