IGNORED

HSC12 Round 11: Pole Position "X+"

Ok I tried Race A on NTSC and managed 109.38. It was a near on perfect run, I didn't have to brake at all and didn't put a wheel on the edge of the track as far as I can remember

Nice time! Thanks for humoring me.

I also did the qualifying for Track 7 Namco (Race B) - NTSC 57.69 and PAL 52.55 but couldn't managed a decent race!

I think it's safe to say that we should have two league tables for this round!

Again, thanks. Perhaps you're right, my hybrid 800 is not quite representative of a true PAL Atari and my 91"something was overly quick... I feared as much. I guess the difference, while significant isn't as huge as I thought.

Anyways... i'm gonna get off my soapbox. I'll do my thing as best I can here in the land of 60 Hertz. You guys do the same, and we'll let Jason sort it all out.

• Like 1

Nice time! Thanks for humoring me.

Again, thanks. Perhaps you're right, my hybrid 800 is not quite representative of a true PAL Atari and my 91"something was overly quick... I feared as much. I guess the difference, while significant isn't as huge as I thought.

Anyways... i'm gonna get off my soapbox. I'll do my thing as best I can here in the land of 60 Hertz. You guys do the same, and we'll let Jason sort it all out.

No you're right to question it, and I think the only fair way we can do it for this round is two leagues. Or we agree to play on emulators and choose a video format.

ok everyone - most of the issues are resolved in the real Pole Position as we have the "Marius" version. PPX+ lets us play some different tracks, so, for future, what we need is the good tracks in the good game eh? [did I mention my secret Atari project ;) ].

For HSC purposes were unlikely to get more than a handful of players so the exiting scoring is about right, and gives NTSC users a fair shout (may adjust scoring factors slightly when we see some maxed out scores/times from a few more players). I guess it was adam242's super PAL machine! Games may use code in their "main loop" and/or the VB; so different games will play differently on NTSC/PAL, not necessarily as simple as all parts of a game will run at a different speed :-o Additionally In a hybrid machine this may effect one part of a game's code perhaps.

Track A had a pretty much perfect run (for me) 41,050 102"58 though I suspect you can shave a bit off (my best time 101"76) and squeeze out a few more points. Failed to improve on B,C and D but was pretty close. Pole 0 - 2,030 remember this counts in the tables too :)

Post race times for the bonus points - fastest NTSC and PAL earn points. Your fastest time may not be your go with your best score, as in my case on Race A.

Pal timer issue effects Race D only - think you are ok at 37 seconds to get maximum 99 (+62) but don't rely on this.

Approximate best Pal lap times Race A 50 B 50 C 52 D 52

A crash costs about 7 seconds.

Now race until Sunday (and VOTE) :grin:

post-19705-0-04315500-1437498568_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-11055300-1437498578_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-72850700-1437498579_thumb.jpg

Hi,

being at holiday, I took my faithful IBM T42 (Hi Douglas!) laptop for joining the HSC. Unfortunately, it seems that the altirra function-keys doesn´t work right.

The laptop (1,7Ghz / 1,5GB) is running with XP pro SP3, I use altirra 2.50 XL PAL 320k CompyShop.

My problem: <SELECT>, <START>, <OPTION> (function keys F2..F4 on the keyboard) aren´t recognized by Poleposition X+. <RESET> (F5) work well...

So I can´t choose a circuit and can´t start the game.

Altirra´s help told my that <START> is mapped to F2, <SELECT> is mapped to F3 and <OPTION> to F4.

What I´m doing wrong?

Sleepy

Edit: I did an update to the actual version 2.6 of altirra and now it works.

Edited by Sleepy
  • Like 1

Race D 110,300 472"08 - loving this one. I had a lot of time left at the end of lap 6 so had to slow down to a stop right before the line to make sure I didn't get clocked - kinda like a stop go penalty, this was quite neat and tense as I thought I was going to over run (could have been used to get the car in the grid slot perhaps). My best lap time was 51"08 :)

Tables updated - I've removed the Race D race bonus point and increaded the NTSC scoring factor for races B&C, so see how we go and remember Poll 0 counts for the tables too! I think the game was basic but has been compiled. Wonder where it came from?

Round 12 POLL

:)

Hi,

I´m not shure if I start the game the right way. I do the following steps:

1) load the game

2) choose the circuit using F3

3) press F2 -> the Pole Position Screen appears

4) choose laps with F3

5) choose circuit with F4 ???

6) start game with F2

trbb wrote in the first post "Track Selection: Press Select [F3] (you will need to re-load to change this)"

What does "re-load" means? Must I <RESET> the game and load it again after Step 2 ?

Sleepy, a little bit confused.

Edited by Sleepy

Hi,

I´m not shure if I start the game the right way. I do the following steps:

1) load the game

2) choose the circuit using F3

3) press F2 -> the Pole Position Screen appears

4) choose laps with F3

5) choose circuit with F4 ???

6) start game with F2

trbb wrote in the first post "Track Selection: Press Select [F3] (you will need to re-load to change this)"

What does "re-load" means? Must I <RESET> the game and load it again after Step 2 ?

Sleepy, a little bit confused.

I think he means re-load to change track between games as this seems to be the only way to do this

• Like 1

Too bad, that I have not time to play more this round... I like this game, but i had short renovation in my appartment and tomorow I'll go to Głuchołazy Party...

Thanks for supporting the HSC Sikor :thumbsup: - yes it's a great game for HSC play :)

Race A 41,250 101"35 [sorry SHiNjide :-D ]

post-19705-0-93025700-1437681112_thumb.jpg

Just for interest - my best lap times (PAL)

Race A 49"00 !!

Race B 50"43

Race C 52"??

Race D 51"09

• Like 1