IGNORED

HSC12 Round 11: Pole Position "X+"

Some great times McKong, we're tied on the hundredth on Race A!

Improved on Race C, finally a clean race but had to slow down a lot 66,450 216"03 (best time 215"51 with 1 crash!)

post-19705-0-44621100-1437760160_thumb.jpg

Status update: trbb is feeling the pressure

Pole 0 - 9.960 pretty frantic but I suspect someone will get to the point where it is too easy - perhaps there is a time limit (must pay more attention)

post-19705-0-97752000-1437760158_thumb.jpg

My race c time is looking better and better, or at least it will when it finally makes the table!

When I was playing pole 0 earlier the game just suddenly stopped and said 'game over' not sure why, perhaps I was going to slow!

Now hopefully the Gremlins will spread to your Pole Position :D

I'll NOT update the tables (not even for myself) until the end of the round Strictly Sunday 10pm UK time :)

Just listening to the latest Antic Pod Cast - Ramp Rage got a passing mention :thumbsup: We must be due for a new PlayerMissile Pod Cast :)

Poll's ALIVE (round 12) :spidey:

Just listening to the latest Antic Pod Cast - Ramp Rage got a passing mention

I was listening to the newest ANTIC podcast (#24) this morning. I was really pleased to hear that "Ramp Rage" got mentioned. I thought, "Hey, I've played that." There is a mistake mentioned about the game: there is no docking involved, at least, not for me-- I never made it even to the end of level one. That game is hard!

ANTIC added a commercial in this podcast. Boo! (I guess you do what you gotta do, eh?)

I was listening to the newest ANTIC podcast (#24) this morning. I was really pleased to hear that "Ramp Rage" got mentioned. I thought, "Hey, I've played that." There is a mistake mentioned about the game: there is no docking involved, at least, not for me-- I never made it even to the end of level one. That game is hard!

ANTIC added a commercial in this podcast. Boo! (I guess you do what you gotta do, eh?)

Did you play the "final" Ramp Rage v1.2, this was improved and easier than the HSC round's v1.1. The game is not that hard really, you have three distinct difficulty levels and plenty of extra lives, so it should be playable by everyone. Post any Ramp Rage High Scores on the pinned HSC thread EVERYONE ;)

I would still like feedback too. Remember the game is meant to have lasting appeal so hopefully you should make progress over time, and watch the video for how to do it!

Now around 150 downloads between AtariAge and Fandal (possibly more from other sites) :thumbsup:

The antic guys just read the RR summary out, but at least it got a mention. Hopefully someone will review it eh?. I thought the commercial was a spoof but I wasn't sure!

PPos improvements - these are getting hard; it's down to shaving tenths of lap times but surprisingly it can be done!

Race A 41,250 100"88 same score but improved time (managed a 48"88 lap!)

Race C 67,450 210"13

:)

post-19705-0-86214700-1437840878_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-53869900-1437840880_thumb.jpg

Did you play the "final" Ramp Rage v1.2,

I have not yet played this. I've just added it to my to-play list.

I thought the [ANTIC] commercial [about the "Quick Tool for Interlock Prevention"] was a spoof but I wasn't sure!

Hmm. I might know someone who sent that "commerical" to ANTIC as feedback as a sort of imagine if this hardware product had existed and that there was a classified ad for it in the back of an Atari magazine in the 80s. This supposed person, not me (of course), may then have been requested to read the "classified ad" which, to his surprise, was added to the podcast as a commercial with a funny lead-in. Even the reader of that "commercial" may have smiled when he heard the podcast for the first time yesterday. ;)

• Like 1

Here you go McKong... Race B 68,100 - 200"16 (will post photo when I have other machine on)... Learning to drift between the two cars if they're on a bend and minimising movements boy is this intense! Race C is driving me nuts - keep crashing near the end :D

Here are my final two scores:

Pole Position X+ - Race D - Atari GP - 84,900 - 8 Laps (PAL):

post-4925-0-69893900-1437864582_thumb.gif

Pole Position X+ - Race A - Malibu GP - 39,750 - 2 Laps (PAL)(107"14):

(Sorry no picture for my PAL score on Race A-- I reset it to play Race B before I took a screenshot. Oops.)

I posted scores for Races A-C in NTSC mode, and Races A, C and D for PAL mode. I'm not sure how my scoring will work. I think that Race D is too long.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by ballyalley

Final scores from me:

after some serious sessions on Race C involving numerous crash restart one more goes (and increasingly bad expletives) 68,700 207"53

Moving onto Race D was then a relief - hit the timer issue and zeroed on lap 7 but then hit things nicely and improved to 112,350 464"60

Phew!

Reminder this round ends at 10pm UK time tonight

Still time to VOTE for the next game EVERYONE

post-19705-0-65638300-1437936988_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-17868000-1437936990_thumb.jpg

post-19705-0-56599700-1437936991_thumb.jpg

It's all over... a clean sweep for tr "he's still got it" bb... but this has taken hours of play, probably the most in a long time for a HSC round. McKong comfortable in 2nd place with adam242 pipping SHinJide across to take the flag for third place. Great fun!

Pole Position X+ must have had a lot of effort in the course designs - I was looking in my F1 book to see if they are real circuits - possibly Hungaroring and others may be there? There seemed to be a great match up with the track and computer car positions on the bends and places where you can drift between them - assume the same logic is in the original game - maybe it's just how it falls. I seem to think there are several car patterns - not random.

My now not so secret Atari PP project is going ok, I want to see what else I can do but will post something on the main A8 forum when I am done so next time we will have a harder PAL version too ;)

Checkout Post #2 for the Final Tables Thanks for playing guys and please check your scores!

• 2 weeks later...