IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 8 Round 11 Pitfall II

zylon

Our game for round 11 is something we do not see often: Pitfall II. Play on defaults. Emulation is fine as are custom controls. A8 version also allowed. Pics preferred, but not required except for: HSC wins and records.

Round ends Sunday, July 26th 2015 @9pm EST.

Current HSc record- Bust it for a bonus point!

Pitfall II Lost Caverns -
bohoki 275,430
Final scores:
190,402 atari-dna +11
182,578 darthkur +10
164,298 jblenkle +9
159,747 sdamon +8
153,273 atariron82 +7
113,240 roadrunner +6

Pitfall II - The Lost Caverns.bin

Edited by zylon

Since you never die in this game, how do we handle the scoring? I made it through the first level of the game, but am getting nowhere in the 2nd. So do we just submit our first level score?

I will quote from the last mod (darthkur) who ran this game as I think he explained it well. :) You can also look back in our history and check the thread.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/141683-season-2-5200-hsc-round-4-pitfall-ii-lost-caverns/

"Sure, because that's your highest score you achieved in that particular game. When you finish the first part, the game keeps track of the score you achieved at the end of pt 1. It then keeps a secondary score for part 2, that being the total of your pt 1 score and whatever you do to alter it on the 2nd part. If you got to the second part and lost a lot of points on the secondary score field the total for the first would still count. It does get a bit complicated since there is no time limit for this version of Pitfall. So exceptions have to be made. :cool: "

Edited by zylon

This game is a tough one. Highest I managed yet was about 26k and it just falls from there. I rarely get past the first bird. This game would be awesome if you could "duck".

Edited by zylon
  • Like 1

Looks like I might be packing up my system and heading back to Georgia for the next few months to couple years. I have been offered a great gig as a consultant for machinery I used to run. So my play is going to be sporadic.

:ahoy: ... and atari-dna takes the win and grabbed the most gold! :pirate: Some real tight grouping this round :thumbsup: Thanks to all who played and our next round: QIX is open now. :)

Final scores:
190,402 atari-dna +11
182,578 darthkur +10
164,298 jblenkle +9
159,747 sdamon +8
153,273 atariron82 +7
113,240 roadrunner +6
Standings now updated. :)
Edited by zylon