IGNORED

how to connect atari 5200 to flat screen tv

AtariKing67

Hello to all Members:

I hate to admit this, but I have tried everything I know of but can't seem to figure out. Can anyone please tell me how to connect my atari 5200 to my flat screen tv? I've tried to connect it to the cable connector and have used all of the different " source" modes. TV, HDMI 1,HDMI 2, COmputer,PC, VID 1,VId 2. The only1 I havent tried is the S-Video option as I don't have a cable to S-Video connector. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

A long time Atariage member & Old school gamer

Mike

Please contact me by e-mail at: valleypi@excite.com

list topic as atari 5200 connect help

You need an RCA to Coax adapter for the cable input on the TV. Plug the adapter into the coax jack on the back of the TV.

F-Type-Male-To-RCA-Jack-Adapter-922-1.jp

Plug the RCA cable from the RF output into the adapter. Tune to analog 2 or 3 or 4 to lock in on the 5200 signal.

If you get a lot of snow, bleed, or ghosting, you may want to replace the RCA cable. Get a "digital" shielded cable rated for high speed data transfer, typically with an orange tip as these will have better impedance matching and signal clarity.

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

yep some tvs can be annoying i got this one vcr that has to check every channel for signal before it does anything else

read the manual and try to make it see analog channel 3

i got all my old systems running a chain of channel 3 coax the end one being a 2600 cause it doesnt have an auto switch box

so it goes 2600,5200,segamaster,nes,snes,playstation,n64

i got my genesis on my big screen with my gamekoob,ps2,xbox,xbox360