IGNORED

RespeQt r1 released

Joey Z

Thanks, Joey. I'll try to spend a little time on it over the weekend.

easiest way to create a new branch, is to use the github site and then clone that branch with git. I think pushes will automatically go to that branch then, and it makes sure that you're not pushing to the main branch that way on accident. probably best for you to create a repo for you to play around in first, then start using git on the RespeQt repo.

easiest way to create a new branch, is to use the github site and then clone that branch with git. I think pushes will automatically go to that branch then, and it makes sure that you're not pushing to the main branch that way on accident. probably best for you to create a repo for you to play around in first, then start using git on the RespeQt repo.

Thanks for the tips. I'll do that this weekend while I'm figuring out git and how it all works. All my messing about with this code has been with Qt Creator. I see that it can be configured to use git - it'll be convenient if I actually figure out how to get it all working together.

EDIT: as it turns out, I've already got git installed. Must've been part of Xcode and the Xcode Command Line Tools. Anyway, more stuff to play with ...

Edited by DrVenkman

• 1 month later...

I do have report that the ApeTime module reports the wrong day of the week - I expect Steve's original code for the Atari APETIME might not be Y2K-compliant, but who knows? :)

I noticed that your screen shot shows the same minus one day offset as I got here when I tested. I was blaming the tdline program.

The time and actual numeric calendar values are correct.

Ah, could be. I didn't even realize the day was wrong, just that the APETIME.COM program was accessing the ApeTime server in RespeQt properly and getting the date/time correct. Regardless of little bugs like the day issue, for a kid who grew up with Atari computers and just knew all along they didn't have a real-time clock, it's a petty cool thing to see them displaying the correct time automagically.

ApeTime does nothing more than provide the number of the day, the month, and the year, and time of course. Any day of the week errors are caused by the client software miscalculating, probably due to incorrect leap year handling or something. a missed leap day would cause an off by one in the day of week calculations. it could be TDLINE day of week stuff was done before a leap year occurred, and now it's wrong.

Bumping this thread for the SpartaDOS 3.2 'tdline.com' y2k issue. I found a corrected version of the program at Boot Factory BBS files section. It works well.

http://bf.amfband.com/bffiles.html

The file (ATR format) is also attached to this post for redundancy.

tdline.zip

I just upgraded to Win10 and did a complete wipe of my old 'emulation' system.

I have a SIO2PC cable from Atarimax and one of the USB ones from A8Warez. I prefer the compactness of the A8Warez unit but at this point unable to load the USB drivers for Win10.

Has anyone gotten the USB drivers loaded in Win10 successfully? Id like to use RespeQt but am stuck.

Im sure Win10 is employing some security setting that by default I cant override and with most things moved in Win10 am not sure how to change this.

I just upgraded to Win10 and did a complete wipe of my old 'emulation' system.

I have a SIO2PC cable from Atarimax and one of the USB ones from A8Warez. I prefer the compactness of the A8Warez unit but at this point unable to load the USB drivers for Win10.

Has anyone gotten the USB drivers loaded in Win10 successfully? Id like to use RespeQt but am stuck.

Im sure Win10 is employing some security setting that by default I cant override and with most things moved in Win10 am not sure how to change this.

Ok I figured out the unsigned drivers issue with win8/10. I was able to install my SkunkGui drivers but the AspeQt ones didnt work. Ill try to check his support forums but if anyone else has already run into this with a solution let me know.

• 1 year later...

Yes I'm still running version 1.01 on my Linux box. Hey it works, what can I say :ponder: . Well the reason I am posting is that although it still seems to work fine, I just recently started seeing these cryptic messages having to do with the image size in the header apparently not matching reality. Any ideas as to why this would be the case?

Doesn't do it on all files as can be seen by the log, but it does do it to quite a few of my game ATR's.

0ojFRWe.png

- Michael