IGNORED

HELP! Need a couple of manuals and a program disk.

Omega-TI

Hi all, I'm hoping one of you can help me out here...

I'm looking for a BETTER copy of the "Beyond Video Chess" manual than the one that's attached to this message below.

I'm also in need of a GOOD QUALITY scan of the Video Chess Cartridge Manual and of course a DSK image of the "Beyond Video Chess" program disk.

cross.jpg

ThanX!

Beyond Video Chess manual.pdf

I have the original software and manual. Since I still need to send you the Panzer Strike labels, I'll also include the manual if you still need it as long as you return it to me when done.

I loved that package as it added a lot of needed features to Video Chess. Unfortunately, I quickly outgrew Video Chess from a challenge standpoint, and I haven't touched it in years. I am planning to eventually write my own chess engine on the TI in Pascal, but there is no definite timeline for it although I have already done quite a bit of preliminary research for it.

I don't have a copy of this manual either, but I downloaded the copy that --- Ω --- posted and was about half way through working on it before I noticed that he had posted a cleaned-up version. Since I was almost done and I had deskewed it, I figured I'd go ahead and post my copy.

For anyone who's interested, there's a great (and free!) program called Scan Tailor that makes processing scanned pages super easy. The website is http://scantailor.org/ .

It lets you orient the pages, split pages off (so if you scanned two facing pages of a book, you can separate that scan into two individual pages), deskew them, identify page content, set margins, and clean junk off of them. You can do this manually for each page, but the real benefit of using the software is that it will batch process all of the pages for you if you choose. It actually does a really good job on its own, so I usually batch process all of the pages, and then go through each of the thumbnails and fix anything that isn't right.

Since the 'despeck' option sometimes takes out more of the print than I'd like and there were only 10 pages, I processed each pages image and then opened them up in Paint.net and erased any dots or garbage.

• Like 1

I don't have a copy of this manual either, but I downloaded the copy that --- Ω --- posted and was about half way through working on it before I noticed that he had posted a cleaned-up version. Since I was almost done and I had deskewed it, I figured I'd go ahead and post my copy.

For anyone who's interested, there's a great (and free!) program called Scan Tailor that makes processing scanned pages super easy. The website is http://scantailor.org/ .

It lets you orient the pages, split pages off (so if you scanned two facing pages of a book, you can separate that scan into two individual pages), deskew them, identify page content, set margins, and clean junk off of them. You can do this manually for each page, but the real benefit of using the software is that it will batch process all of the pages for you if you choose. It actually does a really good job on its own, so I usually batch process all of the pages, and then go through each of the thumbnails and fix anything that isn't right.

Since the 'despeck' option sometimes takes out more of the print than I'd like and there were only 10 pages, I processed each pages image and then opened them up in Paint.net and erased any dots or garbage.

Totally second "Scan Tailor"!!!

-D

I have a printing question concerning the output of the screen dump in the Beyond Video Chess program.

To print out the chess screen, I'm sending it to my "HDX1.PRINTER", which sends it on to my Epson WF-3640 printer, so I have to use the "Brother M1009 Emulation" in the HDX's Ti99Print program. Now when the program starts I get this...

gallery_35324_1027_17764.jpg

The problem is I don't know the proper code for the proper 1/9" line spacing, so I get this...

gallery_35324_1027_133921.jpg

Does anyone know the proper code to type in?

I have a printing question concerning the output of the screen dump in the Beyond Video Chess program.

To print out the chess screen, I'm sending it to my "HDX1.PRINTER", which sends it on to my Epson WF-3640 printer, so I have to use the "Brother M1009 Emulation" in the HDX's Ti99Print program. Now when the program starts I get this...

The problem is I don't know the proper code for the proper 1/9" line spacing, so I get this...

Does anyone know the proper code to type in?

Try 27 65 8 27 50, which is ESC ‘A’ 8 ESC ‘2’ from the manual for the Schneider NLQ401, which is nearly identical to the Brother M1009. Here is the manual in German: Schneider NLQ401 Manual.

...lee

Try 27 65 8 27 50, which is ESC ‘A’ 8 ESC ‘2’ from the manual for the Schneider NLQ401, which is nearly identical to the Brother M1009. Here is the manual in German: Schneider NLQ401 Manual.

...lee

Bummer, that will not work either. The program only lets one modify the last two fields. Nothing I do seems to have any effect, so I may just be S.O.L. on the printing aspect. Thanks for trying!

The first field 27 cannot be modified, only the last two.

For now I'll just assume I cannot print, Later if/when I have some time to spare (yeah right), I may go in with a sector editor and see what I can do.

At this point I'm thinking is has something to do with the Ti99Print program as I tried multiple options, even 00 00 (NUL) and I still get the same exact display with no changes. Pity, it would have been a nice option to have. Thanks for trying.