IGNORED

Introducing the IntyBASIC SDK

DZ-Jay

It's coming, I swear. There have been many developments and improvements, and I am also trying to get the Mac version ready as well.

Also, every time Oscar releases a new IntyBASIC, I need to go and re-test and fix the samples to use the new features!

Oscar, mate, leave it alone for a couple of weeks! :lol:

:lol: You've inspired me with your continuous feed of SDK improvements :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that 3 out 6 BAT files in the SDK have some problems with with error management.

One annoying thing of the SDK is that INTYTEST, which was supposed to simplify the repetitive task of building the project and run the emulator in debug mode, does NOT stop its execution when the compilation fails.

It runs blindly the previously compiled ROM, leaving the unaware user to think he/she is looking at the new ROM build.
The problem is that INTYBUILD does not return the error level of the compiler.
In addition, INTYDBUG (supposedly meant to run the emulator in debug mode) omits the needed parameter, with the effect to be equivalent to INTYRUN
Time for a quick patch!
Once the SDK is installed, replace in the \BIN\ subdir the following files
INTYBUILD.BAT
INTYDBUG.BAT
INTYTEST.BAT
with these in attach here, and the SDK will start working as it was supposed to do (or, at lest, as they turn out to be handy for me).

PS

DZ, It's a quick and dirty patch, I'm sure you do something better, but in the meanwhile these files work.

:D

[edit]

small fix to allow MAP file to be loaded in the debugger

PPS

type "r" in the debugger to run the rom

INTYSDK_PATCH_v0.11.rar

Edited by artrag

It seems that 3 out 6 BAT files in the SDK have some problems with with error management.

One annoying thing of the SDK is that INTYTEST, which was supposed to simplify the repetitive task of building the project and run the emulator in debug mode, does NOT stop its execution when the compilation fails.

It runs blindly the previously compiled ROM, leaving the unaware user to think he/she is looking at the new ROM build.

The problem is that INTYBUILD does not return the error level of the compiler.

In addition, INTYDBUG (supposedly meant to run the emulator in debug mode) omits the needed parameter, with the effect to be equivalent to INTYRUN

Time for a quick patch!

Once the SDK is installed, replace in the BIN subdir the following files

INTYBUILD.BAT

INTYDBUG.BAT

INTYTEST.BAT

with these in attach here, and the SDK will start working as it was supposed to do (or, at lest, as they turn out to be handy for me).

PS

DZ, It's a quick and dirty patch, I'm sure you do something better, but in the meanwhile these files work.

:D

Thanks, but we are already aware of the problem and have a way to correct it. It will be made available in the next release.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Is there an easy way to use Intybasic 1.2.3 in the Intybasic SDK? the folders/file layouts seemed a little different and I was afraid I would break the sdk batch files, etc. but also wantedto try the newest version of intybasic.

You can "patch" it as follows :-

Copy IntyBASIC.exe to "..\My Documents\IntyBASIC SDK\bin"

Copy IntyColor.exe to "..\My Documents\IntyBASIC SDK\bin"

Copy constants.bas to "..\My Documents\IntyBASIC SDK\lib"

copy intybasic_epilogue.asm to "..\My Documents\IntyBASIC SDK\lib"

copy intybasic_prologue.asm to "..\My Documents\IntyBASIC SDK\lib"

Its quite a bit more work to copy the examples into the right places.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update: The newer version of the SDK for Windows is completed, and the Mac version is about 85% completed. Unfortunately, I've been busy with many other things from Real Life that got in the way of this project, so I've been unable to work on it. :(

I apologize for that, and hope to complete it this month, in a week or two.

-dZ.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Here's a better update than the last. The newer version of the SDK for Windows has been released! (YAY!) The Mac version is still not ready.

I've made an announcement in a new thread, and updated the first post with the latest SDK. I call it, IntyBASIC SDK Eleventy-One.

-dZ.

• Like 1

I am not sure I understand the new title screen feature. I am getting errors including title.bas and I think I am getting a conflict with title.bas in the samples folder. That seems to be the only title.bas I have. (That is to say I have the same title.bas in the samples and the examples folder but it is the old animated title screen demo)

Edited by fsuinnc

I am not sure I understand the new title screen feature. I am getting errors including title.bas and I think I am getting a conflict with title.bas in the samples folder. That seems to be the only title.bas I have. (That is to say I have the same title.bas in the samples and the examples folder but it is the old animated title screen demo)

Hmmm... I'll take a look. I made a last minute change that could have broken it.

By the way, what errors are you getting. Did you install the SDK from scratch, or did you overwrite an existing one? Did you uninstall first?

Fixed. If anybody downloaded v1.1.0 (all two of you), I urge you to re-download it and re-install it. I've fixed a silly bug with the INTYNEW tool.

For all those paying attention, I had come up with a complicated Batch Script to compute the length of strings in order to be able to center the text on the screen. This was a very convoluted work-around for a limitation in the old version of IntyBASIC, where it couldn't tell you the length of strings (even though the assembler pre-processor could).

In the past 18 months, IntyBASIC has been updated to have the LEN() function for this purpose, so I updated the title screen to use it, rather than hard-coding the length of the strings computed during the generation of the source. However, the parentheses were not escaped causing the Batch Script to fail.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Try downloading and re-installing the SDK, I've fixed it. By the way, there shouldn't be a conflict with the "title.bas" in that sample project. The problem was that the IntyNEW was not generating the "title.bas" for new projects. I've fixed this.

-dZ.

Try downloading and re-installing the SDK, I've fixed it. By the way, there shouldn't be a conflict with the "title.bas" in that sample project. The problem was that the IntyNEW was not generating the "title.bas" for new projects. I've fixed this.

-dZ.

Sorry to cause problems. Working now. Love it! Thanks

Sorry to cause problems. Working now. Love it! Thanks

It's not your fault. I'm glad you caught it after it had been only downloaded by two people, presumably one of them being you. :)

Let me know how you like the default title screen. We played around a lot with it to get it branded as IntyBASIC in a cool and natural-looking way, while still maintaining that classic look.

-dZ.

Alright, campers! I've updated the release and bumped it up to 1.1.1 (which is now truly "eleventy-one"). This version works around the issue of escaping end-of-lines in comments introduced by the IntyBASIC feature of "line concatenation." This only affected the new default Mattel-style title screens, making every other coloured bar disappear. The work-around consists in just avoiding ending comment lines with "\".

The other change was adding support for Windows Server 2008 and 2012, with the expectation that the compiler tools actually work (confirmed by mmarrero, thanks!).

I recommend everybody using IntyBASIC SDK to upgrade to this new version. If you downloaded the previous one yesterday (v1.1.0), and you don't want to upgrade, let me know and I'll show you easily how to "patch" your existing version to solve the title screen issue in new and existing projects. Although, really, it's easier to just re-run the new installer. ;)

I've updated the first post with the latest distribution of the SDK. I think this is it... for now.

-dZ.

• Like 2

Any plans for a linux version of the SDK? I can help if needed

Sure. I'm still waiting to get a Mac version out, but if someone can help me re-package it for Linux, then great! It's just a bunch of Perl scripts. :)

P.S. But it needs a real packaged distribution because the intention if the SDK is to be a "turn-key" installation.

dZ.

• Like 1