IGNORED

What's a Sears Telegames heavy sixer worth?

Mitkraft

This Atari sickness is just getting worse and now I find myself on the lookout for a good deal on a heavy sixer. I haven't decided if I prefer an Atari or a Telegames so I'm watching prices on both. I have a line on a Sears version but I'm curious what you guys think is a good value on these. I know that Atari Age value is going to be different than say eBay value, but what would you guys consider to be a good deal on a Telegames heavy?

What's it come with? What's the condition? There are a lot of variables that factor into it.

For a loose console in reasonably good condition, ~$50 feels fair to me. Depending on what controllers, accessories, games, etc. come with it, I'd put a decent lot anywhere from $80 on up.

The great thing about Sears systems is that because they don't say "Atari" on the front, you can usually get them for less.

Looks like its cosmetically in decent shape, comes with the standard accessories plus a set of joysticks, paddles, driving controllers and a handful of completely common games. It is however being sold with the dreaded, "untested", "worked last time I used it" moniker. I don't however get the impression that this seller is one of those who regularly sells broken stuff while calling it "untested".

I think fair market value for a heavy in good condition with first party hookups and joysticks is $100. This is obviously only my opinion. I paid about $50 for my Light Sears Sixer that included hoockups and a few extras. The heavies carry a premium at least on Ebay, but I think most of the buy-it-now heavies are grossly overpriced. Of course, a Heavy Sixer is worth different amounts to different collectors. At the end of the day I think it comes down to this: how much of a premium are you willing to pay to get a Heavy Sixer vs. the cosmetically similar and functionally identical Light Sixer???

Of course you might be able to defray some of the cost by selling some of your duplicate cartridges to some random sucker new collector. ;)

This Atari sickness is just getting worse and now I find myself on the lookout for a good deal on a heavy sixer. I haven't decided if I prefer an Atari or a Telegames so I'm watching prices on both. I have a line on a Sears version but I'm curious what you guys think is a good value on these. I know that Atari Age value is going to be different than say eBay value, but what would you guys consider to be a good deal on a Telegames heavy?

Up here in New England, things seem to be pretty pricey in the wild. Mrs. Shake and I regularly cruise up and down the shore to gaming stores in the region, and when we recently found a minty Sears Heavy Sixer on craigslist for $50, we felt it was a really good find -- since it came with two CX-10s, the original paddles, original power input, and the manual. Of course, you can probably find one in a non-eBay outlet online (i.e., here in the marketplace), for less.

For me, the joysticks are the make-or-break factor on your question. Since a working CX-10 can run up to $20 pretty easily, what's it worth to you to have them? A pair would be $40, so a $50 "H6 with joysticks" package can suddenly seem like a better deal, if the sticks are a draw for you. They were for me. Mrs. S has been joking that I got "a fair deal on the CX-10s, and a GREAT deal on a $10 heavy sixer to go with them...".

Wow, from what I'm seeing if you got a minty Sears H6 WITH two CX-10's for $50 I'd call that a steal! Congrats. I'd also think finding them via a non-eBay outlet wouldn't be very often.

Well, there's always the marketplace here. I've only bought a few small things, but have had excellent dealings with some fellow members. And thanks, lol. But I share my story to not only encourage, but prove that there ARE deals out there if you dig. My wife says that the one we ended up getting had been on our local craigslist for several days. So, don't give up hope, and try to be patient! Your console will eventually find its way to you :).

Truth be told I made an offer on the one that prompted me to start this thread. I ended up getting it for $75+$20 shipping. It comes with two sets of paddles, a pair of joysticks and driving controllers, gray Atari power adapter, 10ish common games and one of those wooden game/manual storage boxes. Pretty sure the joysticks aren't CX-10's though.

• Like 1

Congrats! Let us know how things are when it arrives!

Ok, I'm letting you know: Things are AWESOME! :D

I can't believe I started this journey by asking "should I repair my old 4 switch woody or ad a cart port to my flashback 2" and now here I am having bought my very own Tele-Games Heavy Sixer! Came in the mail yesterday and I'm pretty sure this came from someones barn..lol. It was pretty dirty with some gunk. I gave it a good bath, the guts were actually pretty clean so I didn't do anything to them. The pictures are all post clean-up and it is GORGEOUS! You can see in one picture the entire lot. The guys original BIN price was $119+$20. I offered $63 and he countered with the $75 that I eventually accepted. The joysticks aren't CX-10's but I was surprised that they actually worked really well! I think they are going to be my knew primary sticks. I've been using the sticks from my flashback because all of my originals need refurbed and have issues but these feel SO much better! The buttons are a little soft but the joystick motion is super smooth and feels almost like a good arcade leaf stick. I connected it up to my LCD in the kitchen and was worried at first because I was getting this strange heavy ghosting but I hooked up my Vader and it did the same thing so it must be the TV.

My plan is to install A/V and pause mods since this will be my primary player. My plan is to install the mods without cutting any new holes or modifying the case at all. This way it would be completely reversible. I'll post a new thread showing how I go about doing that when I actually get to it. I have a plan (and not like BSG, I really have one). I was originally going to go with the electronicsentamentalities svideo mod but now I'm tempted by the new RGB mod. Of course if I do that then I'll have to either track down a 27" pro video monitor with RGB input or try the difficult looking stantard TV RGB mod I've seen a few people try. There's no way in hell I'm going through this much trouble and playing this on an LCD!

post-42103-0-78220900-1437750056_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-84668200-1437750063_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-01223900-1437750071_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-58104900-1437750074_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-66086200-1437750083_thumb.jpg

post-42103-0-39450700-1437750094_thumb.jpg

• Like 3