IGNORED

Trak-Ball - repair or replace?

Amityville315

I keep reading how great the 5200 trak ball is. Unfortunately, the one that came with my set up doesn't work right. It wobbles the cursor and sometimes it pulls hard right.

I'd like to complete my set up with a working trak ball, but I don't want to buy another used one and have it malfunction.

For those who have been down a similar road, what is your advice?

Now that I have two working controllers, I'm really enjoying the 5200. Getting the trak ball up and running would be the icing on the cake!

Clean up everything inside and remove any dust, lint, and debris. Clean the bearings and grease them as well. Also clean the cue ball with a little soap and water. If all else fails, you may have to replace the bearings. Missle Command, Centipede, and Tempest are must owns for the Trak Ball controller.

• Like 1

Clean up everything inside and remove any dust, lint, and debris. Clean the bearings and grease them as well. Also clean the cue ball with a little soap and water. If all else fails, you may have to replace the bearings. Missle Command, Centipede, and Tempest are must owns for the Trak Ball controller.

What he said.

I haven't had that procedure fail on me yet.

Make sure there aren't any debris that might interfere with the sensors, make sure the ball glides smoothly over the rollers and that the rollers roll smoothly.

I'll try another cleaning and see if I have better luck.

You can also check it while it's disassembled. Just plug it in and spin the sensors and see if they work smoothly, then work your way back to assembled, testing as you go. Of course, be careful not to short anything out. :)

Good luck!