IGNORED

Vintage Replacement Box inserts and Instructions to Make Them

KylJoy

Atari joystick box insert:

The box is 8 1/8 inches long. It is 3 1/2 x 4 inches rectangular. It is closed by a 1/2 inch flap glued to the inside. The cardboard is corrugated and barely thicker than 1/16th inch. The cardboard is not as thick as 1/8th inch. The corrugation runs around the box, not lengthwise. The corner of the box with the glued flap has no cuts or folds to hold the joysticks and neither does the opposite corner. The other two corners have cuts in them making 1/2 inch wide 1 inch reverse corners (they flip inward after the joystick is inserted) to hold the joysticks in the box and another two 1 inch cuts 3 1/2 inches apart making the center part fold in to hold the joystick bases in place. The cuts making all of the inward folding corners seem to be 7/8 to 1 inch each side. You should insert joysticks so that the cords rest in the box opposite of each other. Also, you have to manipulate the sticks to avoid them from touching and keeping you from inserting the sticks all the way. The sticks will need to slide in next to each other when inserting. See images for more measurement detail.

image_zpsefsmd73p.jpg

image%202_zpsajado3ry.jpg

Now, if I could get this info for my Intellivision II box I'd be very happy. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi KylJoy, one of my projects (with Igallair) is the Atari 2600 replica box (one of the many variants) and Igallair's been most valuabe as my collaborator and sent me this from his box. It's just the picture for now, because he was asking if I would need it, and I rememberd this post and asked him to send more detailed info or even the measurements. If there's progress I'll send more.

post-50438-0-28827600-1489982398_thumb.jpg

post-50438-0-26071300-1489982409_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...