IGNORED

AtariAge Booth at Classic Game Fest!

Albert

Where did you get the perfect-length curtains (made them, I guess you can sew) and how did you attach them to the tables, so perfectly? Bravo!!

These were provided by the facility (and paid for by the Classic Game Fest), so I did not have to do anything as far as the skirts and linens for the tables are concerned.

..Al

Richard Garriott showing how they hand-assembled boxes for some of the earlier Ultimas:

This was a box owned by AtariAge user ianoid (who brought...several games for Richard Garriott to sign), and I was highly amused when he started taking apart this box..

..Al

• Like 2

Looking at those videos reminds me of the trade shows I go to at work...only way, way more fun.

Why won't anyone pay me to go to a classic game fest??

But seriously, thanks for posting the videos, Al! It was nice to see what it was like.

Some final random pics, including Al playing 'Ms. Pac-Man Twin', and HSW about to sign my copies of E.T., ROTLA, and Yars'. Thanks, Al!

I took a pic of the band playing the 'Super Mario Bros. 64' Theme from the first world. :D

post-1787-0-79456700-1438022888_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-88341400-1438022890_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-71007000-1438022892_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-03728400-1438022894_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-70609400-1438022895_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-06548100-1438022897_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-58807600-1438022898_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-20549700-1438022900_thumb.jpg

post-1787-0-12424500-1438022902_thumb.jpg

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 4

There's a cool bug that someone found in 'Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest' that went undiscovered until yesterday: On the very first level in the very beginning, if you left the first rock just barely sticking out of the left side of the screen and then time a jump so that you reach the left edge of the screen at the same time you hit the rock, the Bentley will disappear off the screen, and you will get a 'tour' of level 1-1. Unfortunately, Bentley will never reappear, so you've lost that life. I guess I should probably fix it, but on thinking about it, I kind of like having that there. Not sure what I will do yet. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, check out that Donkey Kong! ;)

We did what Activision don't!

Let the sprite multiplexer go for it at the top.

The player you control is Player0, all the other objects are Player1.

You can't show how it looks -- it doesn't record well; You really have to play it on a CRT or Stella w/ phosphor on.

• Like 1

Any feed back on Gizzle Wap other than "I can't kill the Ant" or "I hate the Crab"?

Not that I noticed. :)

Did anyone have problems starting Draker Quest? I've realized I should of programmed the left fire trigger as well to start the game.

Yes, it was mentioned... But I apparently did the same thing with Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest. :P

Next year's show, July 30-31, 2016, is going to be nearly double the size. This year's show occupied 25,000 square feet of space, and next year's show will fill 45,000 square feet. The aisles will be larger, for one thing, so it will be (hopefully) easier to navigate through the crowds. It was staggeringly packed for most of the day Saturday. There will also be two stages, one for bands and one for presentations.

..Al

I will make it next year.