IGNORED

AtariAge Booth at Classic Game Fest!

Albert

Next year's show, July 30-31, 2016, is going to be nearly double the size. This year's show occupied 25,000 square feet of space, and next year's show will fill 45,000 square feet. The aisles will be larger, for one thing, so it will be (hopefully) easier to navigate through the crowds. It was staggeringly packed for most of the day Saturday. There will also be two stages, one for bands and one for presentations.

..Al

That's a significant size increase and that is good. That place was really packed on Saturday! Are they using the same building and just taking up more space? Having two stages will also be a good idea. I've already added those dates for next year to see if I can go. :)

That's a significant size increase and that is good. That place was really packed on Saturday! Are they using the same building and just taking up more space? Having two stages will also be a good idea. I've already added those dates for next year to see if I can go. :)

Yes, it's the same building. Total space in the venue is 70,000 square feet. The wall behind the AtariAge booth was actually a temporary wall, behind which lies the other 45,000 square feet of the facility. So, next year they'll be on that side of the wall. Who knows, in a few years maybe they'll need the entire facility, which would be incredible!

..Al

• Like 4

That would have been my feedback when I first played it yesterday (at home). :)

Yeah, that's what I usually hear. I actually slowed down the Crab from his original speed and he doesn't get any harder and the Ant, use the Zelda 2 strategy of jumping on him with your sword/Zazzle fly pointing down.

Thanks for trying out the game.

Yes, it's the same building. Total space in the venue is 70,000 square feet. The wall behind the AtariAge booth was actually a temporary wall, behind which lies the other 45,000 square feet of the facility. So, next year they'll be on that side of the wall. Who knows, in a few years maybe they'll need the entire facility, which would be incredible!

..Al

That building did look like it could handle a lot more people! I can see the even growing to use up the entire space too! It might be even good to make separate rooms for music and events if the use up the entire space. :)

• Like 2

@Al: In your photo gallery it looks like Star Castle is in color. Was that the same cart that you had there all weekend?

Yes, for a good portion of the day Saturday and part of Sunday the game was running in black & white. I do not know why -- I suspect it may have been the television not liking the NTSC signal produced by the game, for some reason.

..Al