IGNORED

CoolCV emulator for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows and Raspberry

nanochess

Anyway to have GUI file-->open for rom

I just went in and associated all my CV roms with the app so I just have to double click on the rom and it auto opens the app. It's easy to do:

Click a rom file.

Right Click > Get Info

Open With > CoolCV.app

Change All

I also changed all my icons so that they share the same as the app. I also have the app in my dock and it's easy to just drag the rom I want onto the icon and it auto-opens!

Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 19.38.50.png

• Like 1

I just went in and associated all my CV roms with the app so I just have to double click on the rom and it auto opens the app. It's easy to do:

Click a rom file.

Right Click > Get Info

Open With > CoolCV.app

Change All

I also changed all my icons so that they share the same as the app. I also have the app in my dock and it's easy to just drag the rom I want onto the icon and it auto-opens!

how do you change the icon?

how do you change the icon?

First, go to your Applications directory and right click on coolCV and select "get info" and then click on the icon to highlight it then > Edit > Copy

Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 01.57.59.png

Then go to your directory of roms. Click Command-A to highlight all your roms and then press Control+Command+I to open the info box for all of them in one box. Click to highlight the icon they are currently using them go to Edit > Paste and it should change the icon for all of your files. Easy!

Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 01.59.10.png

Just compiled for Windows, very early (see first post). This version needs the ROM file to be drag&drop into the window.

It looks like Windows isn't so optimized, so if audio gets cut or runs slow then make smaller your window.

• Like 1

Just compiled for Windows, very early (see first post). This version needs the ROM file to be drag&drop into the window.

It looks like Windows isn't so optimized, so if audio gets cut or runs slow then make smaller your window.

It really IS like Christmas in July!!!

• Like 1

i KNEW IT WAS COMING. Thanks

Just tried it out with some files and my own projects and it works great. I noticed the music slowdown on a couple of screens like you mentioned. Seemed very compatible.

• Like 1

Joysticks for PCs are quite commonplace these days. I have a USB controller that is shaped like a SNES controller and I love it. I use it for all my emulated gaming. It's much preferable to using arrow keys and keyboard buttons.

I don't have joysticks to test.

BTW, I don't remember when was the last time I used joysticks with a PC, circa 2000?

I don't have joysticks to test.

BTW, I don't remember when was the last time I used joysticks with a PC, circa 2000?

Tons of cheap USB controllers.

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-Gamepad-Controller-Joystick-Windows/dp/B00H3VJYD8/ref=sr_1_sc_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1437887170&sr=8-14-spell&keywords=Usb+oystick

http://www.amazon.com/Pc--Controller-Wired-retro-link-Personal-Computer/dp/B00IIO4G8W/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1437887419&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=Usb+oystick

Or just get the Ultimate PC interface from Intellivision.us and use your Colecovision or Flashback controllers

http://intellivision.us/intvgames/interface/interface.php

Edited by Tarzilla
  • Like 1

Updated Mac OS X version. Check first post.

Now supports for controller 2 in keyboard. Higher audio volume. Also implemented support for two joysticks, but not tested. I hope someone could give it a test :)

works for me with my Sega Saturn USB controller.

Button A is right action button

Button B is left action button

anyway to switch that? If not it's not a big deal.

Thanks for adding USB controller support.

• Like 1

works for me with my Sega Saturn USB controller.

Button A is right action button

Button B is left action button

anyway to switch that? If not it's not a big deal.

Thanks for adding USB controller support.

Just added. By default switched buttons, press Fn+F7 to revert to other state.