IGNORED

Atari 2600 Outlaw 1986 Atari Corp $25 obo

labels

I can understand collecting some label variations such as text labels and picture labels of the same game because they are vastly different looking, but to spend so much more on a game because of a tiny date stamp in a bottom corner? A fool and his money I guess, but that's just me.

Edited by AtariLeaf
  • Like 1

I sort of get wanting to collect something like this, but what's more fascinating to me is the fact they produced and marketed 'that' game so late!

Check this out:

AtariMissileM%28l%29.jpg

I also find it funny they dumped all those games in the desert, and then years later, started making the same games....

Edited by labels
  • Like 3

I also find it funny they dumped all those games in the desert, and then years later, started making the same games....

Since when do corporations make decisions that make sense? Fully 90% of the people in a corporation don't want to be there - so you can't expect peak performance.

No, why would it be?

It was a joke. Collecting binary's from different cartridges with label variations would most likely near all be identical to the most common labeled version of said game and doing so reminded me of the AA user romhunter is all.

Check this out at cop a new addiction!

Thanks for the promotion. I've been working diligently on this now for 8 years. The past 2 months have been extremely busy and I've added many new boxes and updated info.

As for why anyone collects the variations? Look at the comic industry right now. Everyone keeps buying all these variant covers which are extremely limited. This goes for anything that has a variation. Sometimes a later release of any collectible is so rare that the originals aren't worth as much as the variant. If anyone can help me with box scans, check the list on what I need. I keep discovering new variations all the time. This past week, several more came into the scene. I don't have much money, so I can't get everything to scan for the site.

Phil

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240778-atari-box-scans-i-need/

• Like 1

Check this out:

AtariMissileM(l).jpg

That '91 MC label defies explanation. Verified at ROM Hunters site though, so guess it's real!

I wish (since) Atari were re-releasing some of these titles so late in the game, that they would have at least been improved upon. Intellivision games got that treatment (Super Pro), so why not jazz up the graphics and gameplay of some of the old Atari games? Imagine if they would have done that with Mario Bros., DK, Venture, Defender, Pac-Man, etc.

I've heard that these later reprints of Atari 2600 games -- anything from the 87 to 91 years -- was aimed mostly at the foregin market, I.E., outside of the US. They were slower to receive and adapt new technology compared to Americans (for several reasons, and I'm not being insulting at all) so the 2600 was selling well overseas still well into 80's.

Thanks for the promotion. I've been working diligently on this now for 8 years. The past 2 months have been extremely busy and I've added many new boxes and updated info.

As for why anyone collects the variations? Look at the comic industry right now. Everyone keeps buying all these variant covers which are extremely limited. This goes for anything that has a variation. Sometimes a later release of any collectible is so rare that the originals aren't worth as much as the variant. If anyone can help me with box scans, check the list on what I need. I keep discovering new variations all the time. This past week, several more came into the scene. I don't have much money, so I can't get everything to scan for the site.

Phil

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240778-atari-box-scans-i-need/

I had not found your site until this link....it's awesome!

Keep up the great work :)

Stupus, if you have any scans I need or can fill in information anywhere, I'd appreciate it. I can get more done with help from others, as it's easier to modify a scan from someone else and insert it in the site than having to scan both sides myself and then work on it.

Phil

Stupus, if you have any scans I need or can fill in information anywhere, I'd appreciate it. I can get more done with help from others, as it's easier to modify a scan from someone else and insert it in the site than having to scan both sides myself and then work on it.

Phil

Cool, I will keep it in mind if I come across something ;)

Cool, I will keep it in mind if I come across something ;)

What I've been doing for the past year or so is looking at the printer name and the date the box was printed on the tiny flap, almost always on the bottom of the boxes. This gave me a good idea on when a specific box was released. If you look at this page, the general Atari descriptions, you'll get a good grasp on what I've been doing and why my site is different from Atarimania. I describe exactly what the variations are, not just show the pictures.

http://www.videogamevariations.com/AtariCompanies/AtariGames/GeneralAtari.htm

Phil