IGNORED

Has anyone ordered from Atarimax lately?

Yeah, my order from him went great too. Then again, he lives right by me so we actually met up somewhere for the delivery.

Lucky - I tried that (offered to meet him close to home and buy him a beer), he said he didn't do that kind of thing. I figured he just had a family, and didn't want to meet random internet crazy folk - LMAO.

• Like 2

Lucky - I tried that (offered to meet him close to home and buy him a beer), he said he didn't do that kind of thing. I figured he just had a family, and didn't want to meet random internet crazy folk - LMAO.

Nah, he just learned how crazy you are Stephen ;)

• Like 1

I ordered a cloned Happy board from him back in May. Free shipping to the UK and the thing arrived in under three weeks. No problems at all with the transaction. When talking to figures in the European Atari-scene then he gets a pretty universal glowing recommendation, so it was probably not a fluke.

As a slight aside; was this the same fellow who writes/wrote the paid-for Atari ST emulator called, was it "STFormer"?

No -- Darek Mihocka of Emulators, Inc.

-Larry

In which case my praise and recommendations are unreserved. AtariMax really seems to be an absolutely first-rate seller to the scene and I will buy from him again without any compunction.

That other bloke... Well. No worries.

Well, we didn't really hang out. We just met at a Starbucks and made the deal. We didn't even order anything. I showed him some pictures of a problem I was having with my ST's Dave Small's SST upgrade and he gave me some pointers about what I needed to fix it. Not much more than that.

Would be nice for us "Greater Akron Atarians" to get together sometime though.

Well, we didn't really hang out. We just met at a Starbucks and made the deal. We didn't even order anything. I showed him some pictures of a problem I was having with my ST's Dave Small's SST upgrade and he gave me some pointers about what I needed to fix it. Not much more than that.

Would be nice for us "Greater Akron Atarians" to get together sometime though.

Heck, I'd try to come over from NW Ohio!

I'm NE Ohio. Any events coming up close?

Well, yeah, it says "Akron" in your location... I'm in Cuyahoga Falls.

As for events.... No idea if there are Atari events around here (in fact, I think I asked you that once on Dark Force BBS). Guess we could make one though if we ever wanted to. Once I get settled in to the new place and get the Ataris set up, who knows... maybe we can all do the beer thing and play with the toys. (I guess I have a decent collection).

Same here as everyone else who's ordered from Atarimax. Steven's a top notch dude. As long as the order actually went through and you can see it in your PayPal overview, I don't think there's any concern for alarm.

I've had orders take a month to ship and some that arrive a couple days from placing the order. He's probably just busy kicking ass. :lol:

I've placed several orders from Atarimax, spending at *least* a few hundred dollars, and everything was tip-top, down to the packaging, and certainly the perfection to which the goods functioned. Steve is an extremely busy guy (as I understand it, in the process of becoming an M.D. or something challenging like that), so it's likely he's challenged in all aspects of life, but *always* comes through. As a bonus, the products are the best I've ever seen for the Atari. Have no fear; you'll be taken care of. Another bonus is that he's one hell-of-a-nice-guy, as opposed to some of the asswipes who attempt to compete with him, but fortunately have been banned from here. :)

• Like 2

I've placed several orders from Atarimax, spending at *least* a few hundred dollars, and everything was tip-top, down to the packaging, and certainly the perfection to which the goods functioned. Steve is an extremely busy guy (as I understand it, in the process of becoming an M.D. or something challenging like that), so it's likely he's challenged in all aspects of life, but *always* comes through. As a bonus, the products are the best I've ever seen for the Atari. Have no fear; you'll be taken care of. Another bonus is that he's one hell-of-a-nice-guy, as opposed to some of the asswipes who attempt to compete with him, but fortunately have been banned from here. :)

Very well said.

One can argue about what a better device is (Myide 2 or Side 2, Sic or AtariMaxflash cards etc.) but for me the very best quality always comes from AtariMax. Nothing beats the looks and quality of the cartshells he uses. The quality of the PCB's he delivers is more than excellent and his aftersales support is superb. Next to that he has always been more than friendly and helpful to me the last 20 years.

I can understand though that when someone pays money and nothing seems to happen, that it makes people 'nervous'... Steve runs a professional looking atari store, and people who visit his site expect a professional handling of their order (and money transfer). Perhaps this is something Steve could work on and improve. Lotharek does this part very well; When you visit store, you get a notification of when next shipping day will be, so you can plan your order and shipping. When you purchase on saturday you know you will have to wait till next friday. So if you did not hear anything for a few days, you could have known this already when you purchased.

To summarize: Tucker is amazing, his stuff his fabulous, and I'm 100% sure your money is safe, and you will get your stuff. I think though that he could improve his communication to the (unknown) customer just a bit.

• 1 month later...

Hello, my first post here.

I read this thread and I wanted to share my experience so far.

Initially I emailed Steven because I had a question regarding his product MyIDE II, and he replied the next day. Finally I decided to order one through his website, and I received a Paypal confirmation the same day (September 6th). As of this writing, I haven't received any other communication regarding my order. I sent an additional email on September 9th to see if everything is alright, but didn't receive any reply.

I hope you all are right and this is caused by him being too busy. I would have liked some kind of feedback, though.

I will update this once I have news.

Hello, my first post here.

I read this thread and I wanted to share my experience so far.

Initially I emailed Steven because I had a question regarding his product MyIDE II, and he replied the next day. Finally I decided to order one through his website, and I received a Paypal confirmation the same day (September 6th). As of this writing, I haven't received any other communication regarding my order. I sent an additional email on September 9th to see if everything is alright, but didn't receive any reply.

I hope you all are right and this is caused by him being too busy. I would have liked some kind of feedback, though.

I will update this once I have news.

There is not reason for any fear. Believe me. Tucker is a great guy, his products are outstanding and his aftersales support is excellent. Like written before, he could improve his communication every now and then, but I forgive him. He is absolutely the best in the scene to deal with!

Give it some time, he will not disappoint you. And MyIDE ][ is a nice gadget too. If you got it: get the .r16 game package on his forum, it's so cool.

Greetz

Marius

• Like 1