IGNORED

The Atari Jaguar Game by Game Podcast

Shinto

The latest episode of the Atari Jaguar Game by Game Podcast is out, covering RetroHQ's Jaguar GameDrive.  Since it freely offers a whole bunch of homebrew games (and a demo), this episode covers all of them, too.

Next up will be another special episode, this time covering Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration.  And then back to vintage Jag stuff, I promise.

• Like 5

BAD BREW CREW ...

Scramble'degz ... 

A pop tart is something you eat when theres nothing else to eat and the dogfood has run out ...

Bankowanego!

The scores in the free downloads save to MemoryTrack (burn them to CDR using Jiffi)

If your SFDX isn't saving to eeprom you don't have the latest GD firmware that fixed a 2048 byte bug (it wrapped at 512 bytes and mirrored before that) and/or a missing MRQ

Agreed with your summing up, especially HMSR - a lot of stuff mentioned (for all the games) has been fixed in the reBOOTed collection where everything got an overhaul.  Project One sucks :)

Enjoyed that, if you ever want to know something about my games just ask - better than a wild guess :)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RollOut said:

Hahaha. Certainties in life; death, taxes, and @CyranoJ hates Project One. I know it's his baby, so he is definitely the most qualified person to say so. 

I just fired up Project one today. Um. It's tough.

Then moved on to Superfly DX. Got a high score, but it seems I can't post them on the website anymore....

On 2/18/2023 at 3:58 PM, Shinto said:

The latest episode of the Atari Jaguar Game by Game Podcast is out, covering RetroHQ's Jaguar GameDrive.  Since it freely offers a whole bunch of homebrew games (and a demo), this episode covers all of them, too.

Next up will be another special episode, this time covering Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration.  And then back to vintage Jag stuff, I promise.

Finally listened to the podcast today.

Yes. The one who bought the Jaguar shower curtain was listening. It was me!

It Looks great.

I moved last year and needed a new shower curtain anyway.

My only critique is that the image is slightly cropped. For example, The "Jerry" chip is just "erry"

IMG_2617.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/23/2023 at 9:09 PM, tripled79 said:

Finally listened to the podcast today.

Yes. The one who bought the Jaguar shower curtain was listening. It was me!

It Looks great.

I moved last year and needed a new shower curtain anyway.

My only critique is that the image is slightly cropped. For example, The "Jerry" chip is just "erry"

Have I ever told you you're my heeerrroooooo ...

I considered getting one as blackout curtain for arcade room, but in addition to being a wall hog, I feared it was more like one of the decorative exterior curtains wifey uses in addition to the inner one that actually keeps water in. Is it thick enough to use as standalone shower curtain?

4 hours ago, Editorb said:

Have I ever told you you're my heeerrroooooo ...

I considered getting one as blackout curtain for arcade room, but in addition to being a wall hog, I feared it was more like one of the decorative exterior curtains wifey uses in addition to the inner one that actually keeps water in. Is it thick enough to use as standalone shower curtain?

Hmm... Not sure. I use a two layer system too. A plain clear one inside and the 64-bit one outside.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2017 at 11:03 PM, jeremiahjt said:

Finally caught back up. I had fallen behind around DOOM, but once again I have listened to all of them. After listening to the Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story episode I really wish I had a capture device. I have played the game all the way through and I could put a video up on Youtube showing a complete playthrough. I do not remember the fight with the two female acrobats being all that tough, but it has been a long time since I played it.

I forgot I held the high score on easy for Zool 2. If I would have been caught up I probably would have sent in some feedback for Zool 2 since I do enjoy it a bunch, but alas that did not happen.

You are still doing a great job Shinto, I am looking forward to the Val d'Isere Skiing and Snowboarding episode.

Well, I finally finished the episode on Val d'Isere Skiing & Snowboarding.  It took SIX years for me to finish it, but I did it!  I guess on to Rebooteroids.

There are a couple of reasons I fell behind, and neither have anything to do with the podcasts themselves.  I had my first kid in 2016, and my second in 2018.  It just got harder to find time after the kids.  I also recall a change in the way Shinto uploaded the episodes.  I could be remembering wrong, but I seem to recall being able to pick up right where I left off, since I never finish them in one go.  I think Shinto changed something, and it restarted at the beginning each time.  I always had trouble remembering where I was, and ended up restarting.  I started the Val d'Isere episode many times.  I know you can download it, but I hate downloading stuff to my phone.

I am going to try to get through a few more fairly quickly.  I really want to get to the Power Drive Rally and Theme Park episodes.

• 5 months later...

The latest special episode covering Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration is out, and though the focus is of course on the Jaguar content and BigPEmu, I cover all the "Reimagined" games in detail, and talk at least a little bit about every single game in this collection.  It's a long episode.

Up next will be an episode about the Jaguar CD peripheral, the Virtual Light Machine, and the Memory Track cartridge.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1