IGNORED

The Atari Jaguar Game by Game Podcast

Shinto

I have just released Episode 1 of the podcast, covering the Jaguar chronology from inception to launch, talking about the console itself inside and out, my personal experiences, and all that great listener feedback. I'm not sure how long it will take before it appears on iTunes and Stitcher, but it's certainly on its way.

Thanks for listening!

• Like 5

Awaiting your thoughts on Flip-Out, a charming game my wife and I discovered in the late 90s. It's quite addictive, with whimsical elements that complement it's puzzle mechanics.

I TOTALLY FORGOT about Flip Out, I loved that game! Make that two audio submissions. :)

• Like 1

Yes!! That's the one, and it looks like I remembered the quote correctly, too. Nicely done, PlaysWithWolves!

Awaiting your thoughts on Flip-Out, a charming game my wife and I discovered in the late 90s. It's quite addictive, with whimsical elements that complement it's puzzle mechanics.

Flip Out! is currently slated for episode 24, so I'm afraid it'll be a little while.

Yes!! That's the one, and it looks like I remembered the quote correctly, too. Nicely done, PlaysWithWolves!

Flip Out! is currently slated for episode 24, so I'm afraid it'll be a little while.

No matter, it's on the calendar. And the Jag is getting some love. Glad to see Ferg remembered Flip Out too. There were some really neat under-appreciated titles; and then there was Checkered Flag and I-War. Yikes.

On the audio submissions, how long do you like them to be? Maybe under four minutes? You mention Flipout is episode 24? Can you give us a list of the episode list to give us idea of when to submit some audio entries?

On the audio submissions, how long do you like them to be? Maybe under four minutes? You mention Flipout is episode 24? Can you give us a list of the episode list to give us idea of when to submit some audio entries?

There's no hard and fast rule, it's pretty much up to you. I try to keep my audio submissions to other podcasts under five minutes, and all ones I've received so far are under ten. I'd say the sweet spot is between three and six minutes, but I don't want to limit you if you have a lot you'd like to share. Within reason, of course. :)

I've added an episode guide to the Jaguar Game by Game Podcast blog here on AtariAge in the form of a Google Doc spreadsheet, so that you can get a rough idea what's coming up.

Hmm from that google doc, looks like we wont be hearing about the CD-ROM for quite awhile...& that's going to be my next major submission topic.

While I enjoyed my Jag, I dont have many nostalgic memories of its games to speak of or tell about. Plus it was the '90s & my recollection of those years is blurry at best. Let's just say I was partaking of the many activities that go with being in your 20s.

I'll chime in when I can, but I dont expect to contribute much until later on.

Edited by RJ

It's time to rate Cybermorph!

Let's use the No-Swear Gamer Rating Scale, but I'll cross-reference that with the old Atari Explorer Online grading system because I'm feeling nostalgic tonight. And most nights.

HALL OF FAME:

10 *****  GAMING NIRVANA!!! - You have left reality behind... for good.
  9 ****+  Unbelieveable GAME!! - Your family notices you're often absent.

SOLID:

8 ****   Fantastic Game!! - You can't get enough playtime in on this.
  7 ***+   Great Game! - Something to show off to friends or 3DOers.
  6 ***    Good game - You find yourself playing this from time to time.

MEH:

5 **+    Ho-hum - If there's nothing else to do, you play this.
  4 **     Waste of time - Better to play this than play in traffic.
  3 *+     Sucks - Playing in traffic sounds like more fun.

TRASH:

2 *      Sucks Badly - You'd rather face an IRS audit than play this.
  1 +      Forget it - ... but you can't; it's so badly done, it haunts you.
  0 -      Burn it - Disallow programmer from ever writing games again.

So, Cybermorph, how do you rate it? Hall of Fame? Solid? Meh? Trash?

If you'd prefer to send in a text or audio submission (I love audio submissions), please send that in to jaguar@gamebygamepodcast.com by Wednesday,August 19th, 23:59:59 UTC.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I know I've seen that rating scale somewhere other than AEO.

Right down to where they capitalized "GAME" in "Unbelievable GAME!!" Always wondered why they did that- to emphasize it was a game?

Edited by RJ

I just left a review on the Facebook site. Now what would be interesting to hear is how people who like Cybermorph prefer to play it.

Won't lie, now that I've beaten it, the unlimited ammo code is used. :D

I naturally like to go to the hidden galaxy, power up on all weapons, and then go to the planet where you get the mega weapon that destroys buildings.

Then fly through the game at a good speed, drop mines in my wake, and blow up the buildings ahead of me. :D

This podcast is killing me. When my son was born (almost 16 years ago now) and my wife was out on maternity leave, money got tight real fast and I did the right thing and sold many beloved Atari items. My Falcon, my Portfolio, and a huge Jaguar collection all went.

From time to time I think about the Jaguar and how I should repurchase one someday. Listening to this podcast isn't helping me resist that temptation.

I found the pictures I used for the sale all those years ago and attached them. ::Sigh::

Regardless, thanks for doing this podcast Shinto. :)

post-3523-0-39143300-1440112758_thumb.jpg

post-3523-0-83967000-1440112767_thumb.jpg

post-3523-0-55812800-1440112782_thumb.jpg

post-3523-0-13559400-1440112790_thumb.jpg

• Like 3