IGNORED

The Atari Jaguar Game by Game Podcast

Shinto

Emulation has gotten pretty good in the last few years. You might try that for starters to take the edge off.

Not my style. There is something about actual hardware that makes it for me. Not really sure why, but its how it works for me.

That being said, I ordered a Jaguar today from Brad at Best. More than I was realistically expecting to spend, but I'm back in :)

• Like 3

I've dealt with Best and B&C for over 29 years and know what to expect.

You pay a premium, but I've never been disappointed with the quality of product from either place.

eBay, Craigslist, the local paper have brought me more disappointments coupled with the loss of my valuable time than I've had positives.

So yeah, you pay more at Best or B&C, but you get exactly what you expect.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the T2K review! Just PM'd Shinto with an offer for a rotary controller donation (if he doesn't already own one). No, not my rotary 6 button arcade stick mod

You know, I think I'm going to have to take you up on that generous offer. I've only ever played Tempest 2000 with the D-pad, and your rotary controllers look pretty awesome.

PM sent to Shinto re: Trevor McFur episode submission.

Thanks!

I'm going to close out submissions for Trevor McFur in the Crescent Galaxy at the end of the day (UTC time) Monday, September 7th. If this seems a bit longer than my usual cadence, you're right; I'm trying to put together a surprise for this episode, but necessary delays have pushed back the episode release. If the stars moons of Cosmolite align, it should be a pretty cool addition, so fingers crossed.

You know, I think I'm going to have to take you up on that generous offer. I've only ever played Tempest 2000 with the D-pad, and your rotary controllers look pretty awesome.

Thanks!

I'm going to close out submissions for Trevor McFur in the Crescent Galaxy at the end of the day (UTC time) Monday, September 7th. If this seems a bit longer than my usual cadence, you're right; I'm trying to put together a surprise for this episode, but necessary delays have pushed back the episode release. If the stars moons of Cosmolite align, it should be a pretty cool addition, so fingers crossed.

They are so pretty this time of year!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question Shinto- about :42 into the show intro, there's a female voice saying "you want some more?" which Jag game is that from? (Assuming they're all Jag games)

I havent heard it before, Im guessing Double Dragon V or White Men Cant Jump. Never had/played either of these.

Quick question Shinto- about :42 into the show intro, there's a female voice saying "you want some more?" which Jag game is that from? (Assuming they're all Jag games)

I havent heard it before, Im guessing Double Dragon V or White Men Cant Jump. Never had/played either of these.

That clip is from Fight for Life (ooh yeah) which is currently slated for episode 50.

...I'm going to close out submissions for Trevor McFur in the Crescent Galaxy at the end of the day (UTC time) Monday...I'm trying to put together a surprise for this episode.

Did we hear/get the surprise?

Edited by RJ

Did we hear/get the surprise?

I conducted an interview with a person inside Atari at the time of the Jaguar's launch and development of certain titles, but he/she did not want to be quoted directly. Muffled surprise, I guess, but I must respect the wishes of my sources of information. And I did get some great information!

• Like 2

Thank you for the mentions in the episode Shinto, it's very nice of you!

And thank you for the mentions in the River Raid episode, even though you called me "smug" in one of them! It quite literally made me laugh out loud.

I lead off my show with the no-emulators "disclaimer" for a few reasons, and smugness is not among them (well, it was certainly not intended to be). I totally understand why you capture audio with an emulator for the 2600 Game by Game Podcast, and in fact, didn't even know that so many 2600 games were in stereo until I started listening to your show.

Ah, some good-natured ribbing from Ferg. I truly feel like part of the retro-gaming podcast community now, and also less guilty about what I recorded for episode 1 of the Atari Lynx Game by Game Podcast. :-D

• Like 1

Next up: Club Drive! What do you think of this early polygon driving game? Underrated? Underwhelming? Underdone? If you'd like to send in text or audio submissions, the deadline is the end of Wednesday the 16th. Alternately, you could just post here, and that would be OK. Be sure to include a rating on the No-Swear Gamer Scale, which I included in post #43 of this thread.

I've started including a summary of game rankings in the podcast episode guide, though to prevent spoilers, you have to click on the blackened cell to see the ratings appear in the formula bar. There might be a better way to do that, or perhaps people don't care about seeing the ratings before listening to the podcast, I don't know. It seemed like an interesting thing to track, though.

Thanks!