IGNORED

Coleco Adam RF-1

Tkat5200

The RF-1 is a kit supplied with the ADAM of magnets housed in small plastic cases that are to be placed on any of the numerous cables (RF cable to TV, keyboard cable, controller cables, power/ADAMnet cable, etc.) that will help eliminate interference of the signals that are being carried by these cable.

I never used them myself, but numerous Used systems that I have acquired over the years have had them put to use on the aforementioned cables.

You can find Commodore and TI99-4/A compatible composite monitor cables on eBay for between $8-$15. I have always had the most success with the Commodore cable which is a 5-pin DIN connector (the ADAM only uses 5 pins even though the connector on the back of the ADAM is 7 pins) and has 1 Video and 1 Audio RCA connector. Just make sure you don't buy a Chroma/Luma style cable as these are not compatible.

• Like 1

You can find Commodore and TI99-4/A compatible composite monitor cables on eBay for between $8-$15. I have always had the most success with the Commodore cable which is a 5-pin DIN connector (the ADAM only uses 5 pins even though the connector on the back of the ADAM is 7 pins) and has 1 Video and 1 Audio RCA connector. Just make sure you don't buy a Chroma/Luma style cable as these are not compatible.

NIAD can I ask if it is possible for you to link a cable from Ebay here...there are a few types and most of the posts are not clear if they are the one I need or not...I don't want to make a mistake.

coincidentally...would this cable work? Atari Composite Cable - http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/power%20guide.htm

Quite frankly, if he's selling the same cable I bought from him a long time ago, they are cheaply made pieces of....ummm....wire and metal...

Definitely. I got one when I made my return to the ADAM scene not knowing this would not be the same cable I bought from I believe MW RUTH CO. I can make a better one that's for sure.

NIAD can I ask if it is possible for you to link a cable from Ebay here...there are a few types and most of the posts are not clear if they are the one I need or not...I don't want to make a mistake.

coincidentally...would this cable work? Atari Composite Cable - http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/power%20guide.htm

As I mentioned above, I have the one from ecoleco. What he charges for this cheap cable is awful. It works ok and if you want it I'll give it to you for free. Just pay the shipping and it's yours. I can use a small flat rate box which should be about $5. PM me if you want it.

If you don't take Rey up on his offer, this one should do the trick and it's only $6.99 plus $5 S/H:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2915144948111?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=291514494811&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Not sure if the Atari cable is wired correctly as I have always stuck with Commodore compatible cables.