IGNORED

Made an offer on ebay

I had to deal with a dickish seller who seemed underwhelmed with my offer, which was $22 on a $30 item. (A recent similar item ended at $22.50) He countered with $28 so I countered with $24. The bizarre part was his next counter offer was $29 so I just ignored him at that point.

You know you're dealing with a Class A asshole when they pull that kind of shit. ;)

• Like 3

I had to deal with a dickish seller who seemed underwhelmed with my offer, which was $22 on a $30 item. (A recent similar item ended at $22.50) He countered with $28 so I countered with $24. The bizarre part was his next counter offer was $29 so I just ignored him at that point.

Yup. I was selling some hard drives for $100, minimum automatic accept was $80. The guy offered me something like $50 on the $100, so I countered with $80. His answer was, again, $50. I ignored him after that. If the prick had gone to $55 or $60 I probably would have taken it, but he had to be an ass.

• Like 1

Here should be the next counter-offer to the seller.....

....................../´¯/) ....................,/¯../ .................../..../ ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\ ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') .........\.................'...../ ..........''...\.......... _.·´ ............\..............( ..............\.............\...

:)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

There's a guy selling an older KayPro 8088 computer. I have one exactly like it (my first computer) and I was hoping he could take a picture of the motherboard for me, or maybe even send me a larger version of the picture he already took of the motherboard. I need to see what resistors went in a specific place, since mine was damaged by battery acid.

The guy was totally uninterested in helping me, and said if I just bought his, I wouldn't have to worry about fixing mine.

He's asking $999.99 ($1,000 basically) for an 8088 Kay Pro. I love this computer, don't get me wrong, but it's not worth $1,000. One just sold for ~$240. And the one that he has isn't even that loaded. I mentioned to the guy that one sold for $240, and he got grouchy and told me there's a lot of dumb people out there "throwing them away" at that price...

I was like, wow...

• Like 1