IGNORED

What the crap?!

Opry99er

Enduro is probably in my top 3 2600 games... But this takes it a bit far.

Hey, one thing you can say for Ebait, it's a laugh a minute. Personally, I think all clinically depressed people should go there instead of taking pills. After looking at some of the auctions they'll be laughing so hard they may need to invest in some Depends!

The problem with any of these sellers, especially those who have skyrocketed prices is that they think they can control the market. It shows a false sense of value. By having the only one listed, they can ask anything they want. It creates an issue though with some people who may own the item, that they think theirs is worth a ton of money because someone else is asking a ton of money. I personally do not buy into all these foreign releases. My gut tells me that someone out there may be creating some of these items currently or in the past few years. As for the argument about costs of molds, they can make the general mold and make a few hundred, take some chips of many different games and throw them in the cart and pop on a label. You then create a market for "rare" variations where only a few of each game exist and they just happen to pop up. This one offered by the ripoff Happiestseller almost looks brand new. I'd have my suspicions. If there is money to be made, people will counterfeit items.

Phil

As for the argument about costs of molds, they can make the general mold and make a few hundred, take some chips of many different games and throw them in the cart and pop on a label. You then create a market for "rare" variations where only a few of each game exist and they just happen to pop up.

One would think the time and cost involved with that would far outweigh any profit to be made from scamming the incredibly niche market that is Atari 2600 collectors. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it's a really dumb business model. How much could you possibly make on top of your costs, a few hundred bucks, tops? And only if you're lucky and some chump who doesn't know any better takes the bait? Doesn't seem worth it.

I sold mine for $15 many years ago.

I sold my copy of Smurfs by Tron and I wish I never did as I've yet to find another anywhere near as cheap. I got it from bracossi a long, long time ago and felt I over paid at $25. I'd pay that in an instant now.

I believe I got all of my Tron t-handles from bonnacorsi. He showed up again, not too long ago, search for it on the forums!

That he did ... I bought a couple of rare Intellivision oddities (A Shock Vision game from Brazil and a French/English version of Super Cobra). GREAT seller, BTW ... packaged like a pro! If you ever see anything from him, buy it with confidence!

I believe I got all of my Tron t-handles from bonnacorsi. He showed up again, not too long ago, search for it on the forums!

Ya that was his name! I bought a bunch of weirdo NES stuff from him too. Shame he's not as active as he once was.

I tried looking up his old website and found nada. Maybe if I buy the gamesbrazil domain for him he could fill it up

with a store again :grin: