IGNORED

RespeQt r2 released

Joey Z

Hello guys

I forgot: If I drag an .xex into the RespeQt-Window, a small window pops up. Booting the Atari will result in loading the file, without the need of placing the .xex onto an ATR first.

Sincerely

Mathy

Edited by Mathy

Hello guys

I forgot: If I drag an .xex into the RespeQt-Window, a small window pops up. Booting the Atari will result in loading the file, without the need of placing the .xex onto an ATR first.

Sincerely

Mathy

Good, it's supposed to do that. You can also click the File menu and select "Boot Atari executable...." and it will bring up a dialog box to select an .xex to load.

Hello Joey

The window where RespeQt tells us what it's doing. But clicking on it will open up a bigger screen, I discovered later.

BTW why not keep that second screen open all the time?

Sincerely

Mathy

Ah, I think you're referring to the status message area at the bottom of the RespeQt screen, below the drive list. The second screen is the Log View. You should be able to click on the lower-right corner of the main window and drag it larger - as big as you like:

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-03%20at%2010.16.

Hello guys

Just tried a couple of ATR's. TotalDaze.ATR won't load past sector 2 on my 64kB 600XL. In Atari800Mac it loads fine.

And I see this from time to time on different ATR's (my collection isn't that big).

[Device $4f] command: $40, aux: $0000 ignored [xsomenumber]

Sometimes loading continues after that, sometimes it doesn't.

BTW for testing it might be nice if you could enable "copying" from the window that shows the above line/what's going on. Using "copy and paste" is so much easier than having to typing something in that's shown in a different window. And being able to enlarge the window would be nice too.

Sincerely

Mathy

PS I just double clicked on the small window. A new window opens which shows the complete log. And the contents can be "copy and paste"ed.

according to the altirra hardware manual, 'device 4f command 40 aux=0000' is a type 3 poll. Nothing RespeQt emulates should respond to this command, so this is not the cause of your issues. Did an older version of RespeQt work without issues? Are there ATRs that don't ever have issues? Are there ATRs that almost always have errors? post a copy of both please.

Also, there is another user experiencing potentially the same issues as Mathy. That user is using a different OS than stock. I will try to determine if the problem exists here, on linux. Unfortunately, I cannot troubleshoot the issue if it is related only to OSX.

Total Daze requires 128K of memory. For some reason, it explicitly tests for extended memory in the boot loader, then unhelpfully jumps to the self test screen when the test fails. The demo loads sectors up to 63 through SIO, so nothing funny going on there.

Type 3/4 polling is normal after disk boot completes -- it's either done by DOS or the XL/XE OS.

• Like 1

Hello Joey

This is the first version of RespeQt I'm using. I tried AspeQt before, but removed it since I couldn't get it to work reliably.

I can do some more testing after the Fujiama, which starts in 24 hours and lasts until next Sunday.

Sincerely

Mathy

• 3 weeks later...

I have it working on XP and Vista, with atarimax rs232sio2pc.....

atr and tape worked... xex worked... high speed only worked by using the preset standard selection box... when using non standard at the same bps it failed for me... strange

on VISTA it reports networking connected

on XP it doesn't... network not connected

I have it working on XP and Vista, with atarimax rs232sio2pc.....

atr and tape worked... xex worked... high speed only worked by using the preset standard selection box... when using non standard at the same bps it failed for me... strange

on VISTA it reports networking connected

on XP it doesn't... network not connected

non-standard BPS only works with SIO2PC USB. I don't think the ioctl that lets you set non-standard rates is supported for real serial cards.

The networking thing, honestly, I have absolutely no clue about. Not sure why it's there, or what it does yet. Probably nothing.

the networking function becomes active when a wired ethernet connection is attached on xp in respeqt so it needs work to make it realize a wireless network is up and connect to it....

in vista it detects both without a problem...

right now the R: emulation is broken the networking is to connect to that device for modem, telnet, tty, device control etc...

interesting....indeed why that just plumb crazy! Check for the network verify it is there and to your liking set a green check mark in a box to show it is then...connect it to nothing and do nothing.....it sound like a leftover from the other project :)

But seriously, is the R: device going to be emulated here... I see talk of R: and N: device maybe it can be for respeqt also?

interesting....indeed why that just plumb crazy! Check for the network verify it is there and to your liking set a green check mark in a box to show it is then...connect it to nothing and do nothing.....it sound like a leftover from the other project :)

But seriously, is the R: device going to be emulated here... I see talk of R: and N: device maybe it can be for respeqt also?

That's what the author said about it:

"

The networking functionality was never added to AspeQt, whatever little code relating to networking that is in the source was my attempt to learn networking in Qt, but I was sidetracked by other mods so networking didn't go any further than recognizing and connecting to the network adapter. The rest will come e

ventually however I more than appreciate any and all contributions by community members like yourselves.

"

Cheers,

W.

Yes the networking stuff is leftover from the bare bones started in AspeQt. Joey has said earlier in RespeQt-related posts that he plans to implement networking functionality like other SIO peripheral software does, but general code optimization and cleanup stuff comes first, which is what r1 and r2 have been about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, R: WILL be supported, it's just a matter of time (mostly a matter of how much free time I have)

• Like 3