IGNORED

Thunder Force III or Thunder Spirits ?

Thunder Force III. Not that either is very good, really...

*ducks*

I like TFIII, but "Gaiares" is probably my all time favorite space shooter on the system. It's underrated, IMO. You never hear about it as much as the TF series and "MUSHA".

Because it's a memorization game, I've gotten far in it even though I'm not great at shooters. I used to be able to get to stage six on one ship. Unfortunately I could never figure out the stage six boss.

There are some really cool level designs and boss battles such as the space castle that leads to the grim reaper. It is a challenging game so a lot of players might just give up before they get to see the cool stuff.

I like TFIII, but "Gaiares" is probably my all time favorite space shooter on the system. It's underrated, IMO. You never hear about it as much as the TF series and "MUSHA".

Because it's a memorization game, I've gotten far in it even though I'm not great at shooters. I used to be able to get to stage six on one ship. Unfortunately I could never figure out the stage six boss.

There are some really cool level designs and boss battles such as the space castle that leads to the grim reaper. It is a challenging game so a lot of players might just give up before they get to see the cool stuff.

I like Gaiares even less than TFIII.

*runs for cover*

Intentionally trollish responses aside, good games for their time. It's just hard for me to go back to them after Thunder Force IV. Sheer perfection for the era and it withstands the test of time gracefully. They really went all out on that one.

TFIII > TFIV

Why so?

For me, TF4 (Lightening Force) simply has better visuals and music. I absolutely love the stage 8 theme, and have been known to pop in the cart just to listen to the music. The gameplay just feels more satisfying to me as well, and the bosses and environments seem cooler.

In the interest of full disclosure though, I was exposed to TF4 about 15 years before I ever got a glimpse of TF3. TF3 really has that mid/early Genesis title look, and it's hard for me to go back after how polished TF4 is.

Edited by Gabriel