IGNORED

How Do You YouTubers Deal With Fame?

Man I can't go anywhere without people hounding me for an autograph or photograph. I'm too nice to say no. I went to ReplayFX this past weekend and all these people wanting photos. What do?

He says he's Dwayne Richard. Never heard of him.

post-22552-0-95922300-1438701974_thumb.jpg

This guy claims to be an expert Berzerk and Frenzy player.

post-22552-0-21447100-1438701976_thumb.jpg

I don't know what this is supposed to be.

post-22552-0-84158100-1438701977_thumb.jpg

Some dude that likes to wear a referee shirt.

post-22552-0-85548400-1438701981_thumb.jpg

This guy called himself "The King of Arcades" whatever...

post-22552-0-64757500-1438702001_thumb.jpg

These two guys claim to be movie stars...

post-22552-0-00407000-1438702665_thumb.jpg

And then one of them hounded me for a second photo...

post-22552-0-27500700-1438702679_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I would have said hello to you, but didn't know what you look like. Or, we coulda been standing next to each other watching the Kong Off or Pinburgh stuff. I attended a few of the seminars on Fri and Sat , did you?

Replay FX was the best arcade I could imagine. The biggest thrill for me was probably meeting Eugene "Robotron/Defender" Jarvis and hearing his seminar, and also getting Robotron advice from him. He said you gotta get mad at the game, gotta play it for like an hour or more, then that's when you'll get the high score. And George Petro mocking my lack of Robotron skillz. :) But to be honest, Eugene's average score was 120k and that's close to my average score too. But his high score of over 900k is leagues beyond my 250k high score!

I thought that Jawa cosplayer had an awesome costume, complete with electronic Jawa speech. He/She kind of startled me the first time it came up to me as I was playing a game and made that weird sound.

Also, I didn't realize the King of Kong was like 10 years ago until I noticed the extra 10 years on Wiebe, Billy and Walter.... we're all getting old guys.

I'm actually kind of glad I never got into youtube videos, I don't think I'd be comfortable with a wide variety of strangers knowing what I look/sound like. I find it odd enough that people come up to me at conventions and say how they're big fans of my webpage when they learn who I am. My reaction is usually "I have people who read my site on a regular basis? Weird."

• Like 1

vector, is this you taking Jawa snapshots at 24:14 ?

https://youtu.be/mIGE188YnnY?t=1574

Nah that ain't me. I'm better looking than that.

I'm actually kind of glad I never got into youtube videos, I don't think I'd be comfortable with a wide variety of strangers knowing what I look/sound like. I find it odd enough that people come up to me at conventions and say how they're big fans of my webpage when they learn who I am. My reaction is usually "I have people who read my site on a regular basis? Weird."

It doesn't bother me cuz I attend arcade tournaments and expos where everyone knows who you are. Which is why I laugh when you guys say "who are you?"

It doesn't bother me cuz I attend arcade tournaments and expos where everyone knows who you are. Which is why I laugh when you guys say "who are you?"

I was being serious.

Do you often introduce yourself as a "youtube star" to people you meet?

Man I can't go anywhere without people hounding me for an autograph or photograph. I'm too nice to say no. I went to ReplayFX this past weekend and all these people wanting photos. What do?

Shits not easy bud, I can barely leave the house without people pelting me with rock's and garbage!

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1