IGNORED

Question on value of NES PowerPak

kruuth

Whats the difference between one of these and the Krizz NES Everdrive cart?

Not much from what I've dug up. It uses a CF card instead of SD seems to be the most notable difference. I have this one because when I was shopping it was more readily available.

Whats the difference between one of these and the Krizz NES Everdrive cart?

Everdrive uses standard SD cards instead of less popular Compact Flash.

Both are good, I have not really compared in detail I just went with Krikzz offering because it is the newer option and I've yet to be disappointed by Everdrives. You can find a lot of info out there and anyone is free to correct me but from just some quick googling and comparing it seems that the Everdrive is more intuitive, better menu, supports save states and has at the very least slightly better games compatibility just to start. Again, anyone who owns / uses both can chime in as well but i am pretty sure given an option you should always go with Krikkz products (that is official and not the cheap imitations - buy direct from an official Krikzz distributor like Stoneage Gamer or Retrogate, buying from say AliExpress etc maens you might get a counterfeit knock-off based on older revision and not supported officially or with newer firmware etc! )

IIRC, there is like, one mapper supported on the ED but not on the PP, and it's an extremely rare mapper used in pirate games or something. On the other hand, ED supports several popular mappers that the PP doesn't... So in every way that actually matters, the ED is the better product.

To answer your question, I would say a power pack, best case scenario, would be worth about 20% less than a comparable Everdrive.