IGNORED

Newbie asks a question.

Zagg

I'm no expert on any old computery things, or modern ones, for that matter, but I joined because something potentially very important has come to my attention, and this community seems to be the best one to ask. And I'm deeply sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum, but it seemed like the only one it'd fit into at the time.

The question is this:

Hypothetically speaking, if I found an APF imagination machine, the APF m1000, with the brick that (hypothetically) attaches to the back, the interface, in the original box, (The interface in the original box, let's say that I don't currently know where the Imagination Machine's box is.) and one of the memory expansions, how much would that be worth in hypothetical USD?

Best thing to do is look it up on ebay. Hypothetically that is best way to determine what something is worth. If it's not listed there, post it at $500 and see what kind of reaction you get. Maybe some hypothetical flunky will buy it and you make out like a bandit. If not, lower it a little and try again.

Best thing to do is look it up on ebay. Hypothetically that is best way to determine what something is worth. If it's not listed there, post it at $500 and see what kind of reaction you get. Maybe some hypothetical flunky will buy it and you make out like a bandit. If not, lower it a little and try again.

The only sale I can find is one that's been mentioned here, (which is how I found this place) which went for 1,100. AFAIK, it didn't have any of the accessories, but from that price point it may have been in better condition than the one I may or may not have.

There's no need to be secretive about what you might have or might not. It's just old electronics, not a state secret. And in the big scheme of things nobody really cares.

If it makes you feel important to keep a secret, well, then, who am I to argue?

I just didn't want to get anyone's hopes up if I did sell it, because I currently have no way of telling whether or not it's still functional.

take some good images

tell the story how you came a crossed it

don't let it become "the golden egg" where your all stressed out over it

a true collector won't try to get you to plug it in to burn somethings out & try & low-ball you ... but they do appreciate a fair price ....

all the best to you & thanks for bringing it to our attention ....

chas10e