IGNORED

2015 Classic Game Fest Recap

Albert

AtariAge attended the 2015 Classic Game Fest in Austin, Texas the weekend of July 25th and 26th, and we had a great time! The show was jam-packed both days, with over 5,000 classic gaming fans in attendance. We had many new and upcoming homebrew games on display in our booth, and hosted tournaments for Space Rocks andFall Down. Several homebrew authors were in attendance, and many AtariAge members stopped by the booth! We took some videos at the show, as well as photos, which you can view by following the links below:

Classic Game Fest has posted an initial recap video that you can view below:

Next year's Classic Game Fest has already been announced, taking place July 30-31, 2016. The event is being held again at the Palmer Events Center, however, the show is nearly doubling in size, going from 25,000 square feet to 45,000 square feet! The next event we're attending is the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, October 17-18 at the Oregon Convention Center. We'll be releasing several new games at the show, and will have a large booth with many new and upcoming homebrews available to play. We look forward to seeing many AtariAge visitors in Portland!

• Like 6

I unfortunatley wasn't able to attend CGF this year, I know for sure next Summer I will be taking vacation time and try to make it to CGF. That looks fun! And I'll book a hotel for an overnight stay to make it for the two days instead of doing only a single day. 45,000 square feet!?!? That is insane!!

I unfortunatley wasn't able to attend CGF this year, I know for sure next Summer I will be taking vacation time and try to make it to CGF. That looks fun! And I'll book a hotel for an overnight stay to make it for the two days instead of doing only a single day. 45,000 square feet!?!? That is insane!!

Trust me ...its much needed!

Yes Saturday was one of those days you hope everyone was wearing deodorant because you were shoulder to shoulder and it was packed.

Sunday morning for the first hour or two was great.......got to play on the pinball machines and arcade games that I couldn't get near on Saturday..........but after a couple hours it got pretty crowded too, but not quite like Saturday.

Yeah, he was there with the Nintendo Quest filmmakers. They screened the movie and he was on the panel afterwards. http://nintendoquest.com/?p=1959

I just finished watching the Nintendo Quest movie. I guess I found it mildly entertaining but travelling around and getting good deals from private collectors wanting to be in the movie or reaching into a grab bag and pulling out a Panic Restaurant (for free) or trying to make deals over the phone with a guy you've never met don't seem to qualify as finding all of the released games in the wild concept to me. In addition, I would have liked to have known what his budget was or how much he actually spent for the carts.

• 4 weeks later...