IGNORED

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

Are the PCBs of Mouse Trap ne, or recycled old copys? I would also that it cant count as a "homebrew" game, because its just a new box and a new label on a old game. If we call this a "new" game, than we may also call the Repro-Box sets new Box variants? :D

You make a very good point.

Yeah, I think we always have to remember that these are games first, collectible objects second. If we lose sight of that, we may as well start collecting glass figurines, wearing face powder and hand cream, and playing bingo. :D

Of course Mouse Trap has a place on a master list, and it's an unusual piece that's currently alone in its category. But it's a packaging variant, made specifically for collectors, not a game in its own right.

Ok, so to have a complete GAME list in your collection [125 and Post 125], you only need one version of Mouse Trap? Does the Post 125 version of Mouse Trap count towards your 125? Since it is just a package variant?

Since Rev makes the rules for the Platinum level ask him. If you want it to know for yourself, you should decide it for yourself ;) For me I would have a 125 CiB collection even if I only would have the baggy Spiker, because it was sold as a baggy version. Of course I would need the bag too.

Since Rev makes the rules for the Platinum level ask him. If you want it to know for yourself, you should decide it for yourself ;) For me I would have a 125 CiB collection even if I only would have the baggy Spiker, because it was sold as a baggy version. Of course I would need the bag too.

I agree with that. I count my bagged 4-Tris as complete as that is how it was distributed. It is a very unique version that is tied to CGE 2005 very much like the Philly Classic version has a non-standard box. I am sure it is considered complete.

Ok, so to have a complete GAME list in your collection [125 and Post 125], you only need one version of Mouse Trap? Does the Post 125 version of Mouse Trap count towards your 125? Since it is just a package variant?

If someone didn't have the original Mouse Trap release, but had the recent fan-made version? Absolutely, that'd count toward the 125 IMHO.

World Championship Baseball stays in! That's no variant, it's a space st...I mean, it's an updated and expanded version of an earlier game, just like most of the INTV Super Pro titles.

Why are people so determined to include Mouse Trap in a list of "homebrews"? Were there any changes made to the game code? If new modes or something were added, then it should absolutely be in, but otherwise I can't see how it's anything other than a variant.

That doesn't demean the project in any way, it's just a statement based on the idea that the game, not the packaging, is paramount in establishing a "core set".

BTW the most borderline cases in the original 125 are really Learning Fun I & II and Triple Challenge, IMHO.

World Championship Baseball stays in! That's no variant, it's a space st...I mean, it's an updated and expanded version of an earlier game, just like most of the INTV Super Pro titles.

Why are people so determined to include Mouse Trap in a list of "homebrews"? Were there any changes made to the game code? If new modes or something were added, then it should absolutely be in, but otherwise I can't see how it's anything other than a variant.

That doesn't demean the project in any way, it's just a statement based on the idea that the game, not the packaging, is paramount in establishing a "core set".

BTW the most borderline cases in the original 125 are really Learning Fun I & II and Triple Challenge, IMHO.

The ROMs of Learning Fun I & II are not identical to the ones of Math Fun and Word Fun. They are like their "Super Pro" versions (not so much super, though...).

I totally agree with you on Triple Challenge, but I can't imagine it outside the 125