IGNORED

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

The ROMs of Learning Fun I & II are not identical to the ones of Math Fun and Word Fun. They are like their "Super Pro" versions (not so much super, though...).

I totally agree with you on Triple Challenge, but I can't imagine it outside the 125

True, but the ROM of INTV Pac-Man isn't identical to the Atarisoft version either. :D

I actually have no problem with those three being in the 125, I just think they're the closest call in the bunch.

@Rev: Funny, but seriously, were there any changes (especially gameplay changes) made to the Mouse Trap ROM? I didn't buy it because I thought it was just a repackaging of the game we already have, but if that's not correct I'd like to know.

Heh, it even says on the page:

"For you variation enthusiasts comes this CBS Mouse Trap alternative art edition."

No doubt! THis was my first entry into game releases. I wanted to get my feet wet on a release. I thought it was a fun project. I still think it is the best box art for Mouse Trap yet.

There is room for 2 seperate lists! See my HARDCORE thread.

Then if u disregard world championship baseball of the 125. It is a different version. 1AND 2 PLAYERS AND EXTRA features. Then u will also have to remove Big leaugue baseball as well. . World champoinship baseball stays. :thumbsup:

yes! I forgot that! 123?

Which two games were people thinking of removing?

Big League doesn't appear in the 125. The baseball games in that list are:

Major League Baseball / Big League Baseball / Baseball (same ROM, only packaging variants)

World Championship Baseball

World Series Baseball

You can't lump the original and World Championship together. The number of new features in WCBB - fly balls, sliding, larger field, new sprites (the running men are subtly different), some different controls... Anyone remember if they even used the old code? Was that in the baseball episode of Intellivisionaries?

• Like 1

World Championship Baseball stays in! That's no variant, it's a space st...I mean, it's an updated and expanded version of an earlier game, just like most of the INTV Super Pro titles.

Why are people so determined to include Mouse Trap in a list of "homebrews"? Were there any changes made to the game code? If new modes or something were added, then it should absolutely be in, but otherwise I can't see how it's anything other than a variant.

That doesn't demean the project in any way, it's just a statement based on the idea that the game, not the packaging, is paramount in establishing a "core set".

BTW the most borderline cases in the original 125 are really Learning Fun I & II and Triple Challenge, IMHO.

It is not that I am determined to include Mouse Trap. There are good points for taking it out and good points for leaving it in.

The ROM is unchanged from the original release and only the package was changed.

It was issued beyond the scope of the first 125.

So the debate is that it is a package variant, but it is also produced outside the first 125 and stands unique against all other homebrews. It will never be accepted as counting to complete the first 125.

For myself, I still cannot decide whether to include it in my signature number or not. Right now, it is.

Which two games were people thinking of removing?

Big League doesn't appear in the 125. The baseball games in that list are:

Major League Baseball / Big League Baseball / Baseball (same ROM, only packaging variants)

World Championship Baseball

World Series Baseball

You can't lump the original and World Championship together. The number of new features in WCBB - fly balls, sliding, larger field, new sprites (the running men are subtly different), some different controls... Anyone remember if they even used the old code? Was that in the baseball episode of Intellivisionaries?

Like I said.....its a hack.

As you can see....World Champion Baseball is as BEST a hack of the original MLB Baseball. Its a stretch to include it in the 125. I think we can lay this one to rest.

https://youtu.be/6L1sWZCeCgw

https://youtu.be/6L1sWZCeCgw

I swear to god I'm gonna kick you in the nuts next time I see you. :)

In addition, we may need to convene an emergency meeting of the Brotherhood to vote on whether or not to kick you out and ban you for such blasphemy.

• Like 5

No doubt! THis was my first entry into game releases. I wanted to get my feet wet on a release. I thought it was a fun project. I still think it is the best box art for Mouse Trap yet.

There is room for 2 seperate lists! See my HARDCORE thread.

This, on the other hand I can agree with. Two lists. One for Rev and I, and one for the rest of you heathens/non afflicted. :)

• Like 3

In the event of your death, I would certainly hope that you have a contingency plan. Like your wife shipping out the remainder of the new games.

I actually do have a back up plan: eBay user Pikachu will aquire all unsent copies and list them on his eBay store at 200% msrp.

• Like 3

So the debate is that it is a package variant, but it is also produced outside the first 125 and stands unique against all other homebrews. It will never be accepted as counting to complete the first 125.

Wouldn't Rev's Mouse Trap at least count as a loose cart toward the 125?

If Baseball and World Championship Baseball get to stay on the 125 list.

Then.....

Same Game & Robots 2005 and Same Game & Robots 2012 get to stay on Soulbusters list since they have quite a few differences. Sg&R 2012 is not just a reissue.

You guys can't have it both ways.

Edited by revolutionika