IGNORED

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

15 hours ago, carlsson said:

Doesn't Intellivision Revolution try to keep a complete list of everything released? After all, this is SoulBuster's list of which games he has acquired, meaning that some boxed games in very low quantity might sell out before he gets them and thus wouldn't be added from what I understand.

It used to be that.  It does contain all physicals releases.  In fact there is one I do not have, Only one.

The way it was originally, I would not post the game on the list until I received it.

The one I am missing is X-Ray.  If anyone has an extra to sell me, pm me.

Aha. So I used to be right, but now I'm wrong. ?

FWIW, the website I linked to doesn't seem entirely updated as well. The question is if any person keeps track of how many Intellivision homebrews there are, even if you limit it to programs considered to be finished by the developer. Sure the list of physical releases probably is close to 100% unless some cartridges are distributed in a very silent manner, but a list of digital releases, both commercial and freeware, seems nearly endless. I know there are other threads with links to ROM vaults and AA threads that is helpful, but it takes a good while going through different sources to find as much material as possible and even then you can't be sure you collected it all. And yes, I know that downloading ROMs is not considered collecting as such, though in the definition of "obtaining everything available" it still can be.

On 10/14/2021 at 4:06 PM, cmadruga said:

But anyway, as a suggestion, a list of "digital only for now" games could be very easily added as an appendix to the existing list.

If nothing else, so the physical collectors can keep track of what *might* become a physical release eventually. Again, just a suggestion.

Either way, thanks @SoulBuster for maintaining this list. It is very helpful.

On 10/14/2021 at 4:35 PM, SoulBuster said:

I think a digital list would be a fine idea, but I have no motivation to keep one.  Maybe some one else might want to keep one up to date.

I have already started "The Intellivision Homebrew and Hacks Checklist 2001-2021 (1st Edition)" physical printed book, and might be able to add a "digital only" ROM listing if someone has a list or complete list of ROMs that are/were available.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Arenafoot said:

I have already started "The Intellivision Homebrew and Hacks Checklist 2001-2021 (1st Edition)" physical printed book, and might be able to add a "digital only" ROM listing if someone has a list or complete list of ROMs that are/were available.

Sweet!  Look forward to adding this book to the library.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arenafoot said:

Cool! I look forward to buying the book.

Relative to games available digitally, here is the list that I have.

Games with * have only been released digitally, no physical releases yet.

Antarctic Tales Enhanced Edition*

Bank Panic*

Norseman*

H.E.L.I.

Fantasy

Super Pro King of The Mountain

Super Pro Gammon

Super Pro Baseball

Choplifter

Space Battle - Battlestar Galactica

Ms. Night Stalker

Mystic Castle

Super Chef Burgertime

Samegame & Robots

Shark Shark 2

All Star Hockey

Super Pro Tennis

D2K

Ms Pac-Man

DK Arcade

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 5:46 AM, SoulBuster said:

It used to be that.  It does contain all physicals releases.  In fact there is one I do not have, Only one.

The way it was originally, I would not post the game on the list until I received it.

The one I am missing is X-Ray.  If anyone has an extra to sell me, pm me.

There is a boxed copy of Xray listed on Ebay now!

On 10/15/2021 at 7:47 PM, cmadruga said:

Cool! I look forward to buying the book.

Relative to games available digitally, here is the list that I have.

Games with * have only been released digitally, no physical releases yet.

Bank Panic*

Norseman*

H.E.L.I.

Fantasy

Super Pro King of The Mountain

Super Pro Gammon

Super Pro Baseball

Choplifter

Space Battle - Battlestar Galactica

Ms. Night Stalker

Mystic Castle

Super Chef Burgertime

Samegame & Robots

Shark Shark 2

All Star Hockey

Super Pro Tennis

D2K

Ms Pac-Man

DK Arcade

Melody Runner

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 8:51 AM, carlsson said:

Aha. So I used to be right, but now I'm wrong. ?

FWIW, the website I linked to doesn't seem entirely updated as well. The question is if any person keeps track of how many Intellivision homebrews there are, even if you limit it to programs considered to be finished by the developer. Sure the list of physical releases probably is close to 100% unless some cartridges are distributed in a very silent manner, but a list of digital releases, both commercial and freeware, seems nearly endless. I know there are other threads with links to ROM vaults and AA threads that is helpful, but it takes a good while going through different sources to find as much material as possible and even then you can't be sure you collected it all. And yes, I know that downloading ROMs is not considered collecting as such, though in the definition of "obtaining everything available" it still can be.

The link to my homebrew database?   Whats missing from it?

On 10/26/2021 at 3:08 AM, Rev said:

The link to my homebrew database?   Whats missing from it?

Per cmadruga's list above, the following digital releases, of which I believe all are commercial, not freebies:

Bank Panic*
Norseman*
Super Pro Gammon
All Star Hockey

I know that Bank Panic is scheduled for a physical release in 2022.

In the threads about downloadable ROMs, there are some freebies too that I understand don't qualify onto a list of homebrews because those games neither cost money nor have been considered to be released in physical form.

6 hours ago, Arenafoot said:

but didn't those have a physical release before??

Oh, yes, I'm sorry.  I thought you guys were listing all the home-brews with available ROMs, not the ROM-only releases.  Still, those two are still available as ROM, even though they are no longer available in CIB.

They may be "freebies," but the games were commercial releases.

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, stupus said:

When did cib Frankenstein go on sale? Never saw or heard anything about it going live? :(

Just letting everyone know…

Frankensteins Monster is planned for beginning of 2022.  No one will miss out on anything. Thanks!  Itll be worth the wait.

• Like 2