IGNORED

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

1 hour ago, SoulBuster said:

All great suggestions, but I am not into it enough to maintain such a list.  I will continue to maintain this list as is.

I get it.

It really is up to the sellers of the ROMS to let us know where and when and how much they are.

David and Rev teaming up helps, but we still have several others that make some roms available.  Even cases were both the publisher and the developer make them available.

It seems to me cooperation of the different parties could help all around.

Cart cases in bulk, printing manuals, boxes etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1980gamer said:

It seems to me cooperation of the different parties could help all around.

Cart cases in bulk, printing manuals, boxes etc.

A lot of this is already happening, combining print orders to get better pricing etc.

The last box printing before PRGE was 16 boxes for 3 different publishers. Give them credit for some smarts.

• Like 3

There has been a lot of cooperation to get these last games done. Without this cooperation many of these releases would have been further delayed. We are combining as many orders for boards, boxes as we can. We all have our own strengths. We have even spread around the cash outlays between developers. As my technical strengths are “questionable” this has been my strength. LOL It is my hope that we can maintain a strong community here and not try to eat our own or minimize others projects. I think the current 135 “Homebrews” is an amazing feat and all of us should take a moment to realize we have more homebrews that original releases! I think that is pretty damn cool. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, carlsson said:

This site tries to cover all released aftermarket games, though it may not have all the information you require:

http://intellivisionrevolution.com/homebrew-publishers

That is a good start from the publisher side.  I don't know how well maintained it is?

Game of the year is coming soon, I would think?   If you want my vote, you need to sell me your rom!  LOL   But if I haven't played a game, I cannot vote for it.

On 11/20/2022 at 9:32 PM, BBWW said:

There has been a lot of cooperation to get these last games done. Without this cooperation many of these releases would have been further delayed. We are combining as many orders for boards, boxes as we can. We all have our own strengths. We have even spread around the cash outlays between developers. As my technical strengths are “questionable” this has been my strength. LOL It is my hope that we can maintain a strong community here and not try to eat our own or minimize others projects. I think the current 135 “Homebrews” is an amazing feat and all of us should take a moment to realize we have more homebrews that original releases! I think that is pretty damn cool. 

This is great to hear, I don't think this was the case just a few years ago.

I also get people want things a certain way.  Like gate folded vs INTV styled boxes.  Cart boards with LTO features or "standard" for lack of a better term.

6 hours ago, BBWW said:

I sell ROM’s for $50, but they are Encrypted, Password Protected and will need a DNA fluid match to load. To many cheapos out there waiting to copy them for free. 🙂

Ouch!  I am certain that people share roms.  This pisses me off.  I want the to play the games, I want to support the community.  I don't need CIB. 

I know the Carl M. method is pretty secure, but I am betting that takes some effort on his part to create each rom one off.  ( name embedded in the rom.  easy to trace the person sharing! )

Unless he wrote something in the Check-out process that generated the purchased rom with embedded name and emails it?  He is a talented developer, so maybe?

I certainly want to play Parsec!  I guess CIB is the only way then.  I was on the CIB fence anyway.  As a fan of the TI version.

Capture.thumb.JPG.ea915e838cfdeb222849e5ebd6b1abad.JPG

Edited by 1980gamer
Added image to show sample of embedded rom purchaser name.
  • Like 1

ROMS from me will come out in a package deal. I’ll have 5 or 6 games collection. They will not be copy protected.

ROM sales for the most part don’t equate to revenue unless you are the programmer selling your own Product. This is just the way it is. We work with it.  It is why for me, ROM sales are a very low priority

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BBWW said:

ROMS from me will come out in a package deal. I’ll have 5 or 6 games collection. They will not be copy protected.

ROM sales for the most part don’t equate to revenue unless you are the programmer selling your own Product. This is just the way it is. We work with it.  It is why for me, ROM sales are a very low priority

Thank you for selling them at all.

It is to bad the the sales could not be shared in a way that benefit everyone.  But I guess the number is low to start.

It seems many collect games and don't really play them these days.  I still have a nice collection, but I like to play them!  I also spend a lot of time on the laptop waiting for processes to finish.  I can fire up an emulator and play a quick game or two.

Certain games work well in emulation but many do not.  Parsec is one that will. 

To me, you can buy the CIB and leave it perfect and play the ROM via emulation or the various multicarts that are available.  Best of both worlds.

But if you don't play the games....   I would have guessed rom sales would be strong.  1000+ LTO's and CC3 was 250 I think.  Now we have the BackBit I think it is called?  If I still had a C64 I would get that for certain.  Just have the c64 Max at the moment.

Thank you for going through the effort of producing Intellivision games.  That goes to all developers and publisher!

Edited by 1980gamer

The market for ROM sales has been discussed before, which rates are acceptable. It seems the demand varies greatly from publisher to publisher. Just recently there was a test with Pitfall II where it could be downloaded for free and a voluntary donation was possible. It appeared that the total donation amount was very low (but the number of downloads fairly high). I fully understand that for a publisher who is supposed to pay the developer, there are nearly no margins left when it comes to ROM sales compared to at least a small margin on CIB sales. Thus anyone setting up ROM sales for anyone else are doing it as a service to the community, not a way of covering costs.

• Like 2

The whole experiment thing was kind of a bad idea if trying to recoup development costs, especially if payment was "optional".. Sure, it was a wonderful, kind gesture, but it's kind of a setup for disappointment. Had a price been set from the beginning, I'm sure it would've turned out fine. 🤷

On 8/7/2015 at 11:09 AM, SoulBuster said:

This list only includes games that were released and does not include all variations of those releases.

I will continue to update this list and hope it is helpful to you for collecting Homebrews.

1    4-Tris [Original, Philly Classic,[snip]

Can this original entry be pinned and updated to include things like Beach Head, etc? 

Thanks.

39 minutes ago, First Spear said:

Can this original entry be pinned and updated to include things like Beach Head, etc? 

Thanks.

As @SoulBuster has mentioned in here numerous times:  This is his list of what he has received "in hand"

So if he has ordered something and it hasn't been delivered, then it will not be in his list yet.   If it got lost in the mail then he will not add it to his list until he receives a replacement, but what if there aren't any more?

If he decides not to order something, then it will never be in his list.

If he misses an order, then it will never be in his list.

Since this is a personal list for his items, then I don't think it should be pinned.

I much prefer a thread like this to keep track of what was released and when:

If that thread is maintained, then that thread deserves to be pinned.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...