IGNORED

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

2 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

So no rom either? 🥺

I believe William gives encrypted roms free with the cib purchase. Maybe he would sell you an encrypted rom for a price? Or a promise to purchase cib when more are ready?

2 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

So no rom either? 🥺

I believe William gives encrypted roms free with the cib purchase. Maybe he would sell you an encrypted rom for a price? Or a promise to purchase cib when more are ready?

• Like 1

On 3/6/2023 at 4:00 PM, stupus said:

Sorry, that's not correct. No free rom with CIB purchase. 

We currently have no JLP boards but are working on getting some made. Until then, there are no more copies of A-F available. 

5 hours ago, SoulBuster said:

I am no longer going to maintain this list.

I am done collecting.

Whoa,as a collector myself thats a big decision. 

If it's not too forward to ask,what prompted this choice?

Too many limited editions of limited games perhaps or something else?

Ok, I guess some explanation is needed . . . 

I have been an Atari 8-bit user since 1981.  There has been a concerted effort to Preserve the software in its original form (check at A8SP). This means we can take the original software, digitize it in such a manner that, with newer tech attached, original hardware can read and utilize it in this digitized form.  This would include any copy protection that was originally on the software.  In addition, these digitized version can be written back to the original type of storage (cart, tape, disk) it first came on to make "original copies" with the copy protection in place, AND real hardware cannot tell the difference.

I want to be a part of that!

There are nearly 9600 releases and we only have nearly 6100 dumps, per A8SP.  I do not know if all of those dumps are raw dumps, but that is what is needed to truly preserve the title.

I have all of the hardware to preserve anything that was made for the Atari 8-bit.  I have a pile of money to put forth on a hobby, I am choosing this.

If you want to check my progress, I am posting anything I record in this thread.

• Like 8

I love the Atari 8-bit.  I have an upgraded 400, upgraded 600xl, upgraded 800xl and a stock 130xe.  Also have a few of the gadgets you can plug in or solder on to them.  It was the bad MT Ram chips in my 130xe that made me take up the soldering iron which now allowed me to save a few Intellivision's.  I wish you luck with this project.

• Like 1

Ok,that makes perfect sense!

Narrowing and limiting your focus becomes important while you are collecting as the choices are never ending.

And that is still a very large focus area,certainly way bigger than collecting for the Intellivision. 

I wish you all the best in your endeavor, and thank you for allowing us to follow along!😊👍

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 10:46 PM, SoulBuster said:

Ok, I guess some explanation is needed . . . 

I have been an Atari 8-bit user since 1981.  There has been a concerted effort to Preserve the software in its original form (check at A8SP). This means we can take the original software, digitize it in such a manner that, with newer tech attached, original hardware

[snip]

Sounds like the effort being made to preserve Apple ][ stuff with the Woz data format to capture the magnetic flux off of disks to preserve them “as they were intended”. 

Enjoy!

16 hours ago, First Spear said:

Sounds like the effort being made to preserve Apple ][ stuff with the Woz data format to capture the magnetic flux off of disks to preserve them “as they were intended”. 

Enjoy!

I've been capturing the magnetic flux off of Apple ][ discs for a while now.  I buy the discs, open up the disc jacket, carefully slide the disc out, scrape off all the magnetic flux with a razor blade, and store the flux in a preservation jar.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

I've been capturing the magnetic flux off of Apple ][ discs for a while now.  I buy the discs, open up the disc jacket, carefully slide the disc out, scrape off all the magnetic flux with a razor blade, and store the flux in a preservation jar.

Can you boot games directly from the jar?  🤔

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lathe26 said:

Are you slowly building a flux capacitor?

• Haha 3