IGNORED

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

Even at 42 titles, the Intv is waaayyyy behind other systems. Colecovision for example, releases 15 to 20 a year sometimes? I'm strictly talking quantity. ...not quality. That's is a different discussion.

Maybe some crazy fool will ramp up game production.

Did anyone confirm that this is a Orphan OL Series III OL? I know that there was a guy from England I believe who made homebrew overlays for many games but they were very expensive at like $18/pair - I never ordered any but this could simply be a pair of OLs done by that person and not a true variant?

I've never had the courage to crack the seal of my copy, but there are images of all overlays on the back of the box and, yes, it looks like the Space Patrol overlays included in the Series 3 have the same artwork of the ones in the auction.

Edited by intellivotion

Hard-core Intellivision home-brew collector spreadsheet - 75 entries

Dunno if anyone is interested, but I've attached a spreadsheet I've been working on. It has all of the home-brew Intellivision games in it and their variations that I've been able to discern. It includes released boxes like Wing War and the MTE test cart box, etc. It does not include games that have not yet been released but I do include prototype and demo releases I have become aware of like for "Lost Caves of Kroz" or "Defender of the Crown" since they were "released".

Some examples:

• Four separate 4-Tris entries since there were four 4-tris releases that I am aware of (Intelligentvision, LTO, Original release and Philly Classic)
  • Three entries for D2K (stand-alone cart, upgrade to CIB kit, CIB)
  • Cuttle Cart 3 box-only release
  • Defender of the Crown Demo
  • Two Minehunter releases (Intelligentvision and Elektronite)
  • Game Factory cartridge kit is included
  • None of the yet to be released games are included (Rocketeer, GoSub, etc)
  • Christmas Carol and Christmas Carol (CGE) (what's the difference?)
  • Takeover and Number Jumble are included since they are about to ship (I hope)

You get the idea.

The spreadsheet is missing info that I don't have. Please let me know what to add/remove, what I have in there that is just plain wrong, etc. and I'll re-post an updated version if folks would like. And don't forget to rename the file to ".xls" extension or it will not play nice for some of you.

Ill compare to my ongoing database from my site. And make any adjustments if I missed anything substantial. Thanks.

http://www.intellivisionrevolution.com/released-homebrew-games

Easy? If you have unlimited financial resources, yes. If you are not independently wealthy, then they are less available. :)

But seriously, they can be found if you are willing to search for them and pay the market rate for them. Some of them are EXTREMELY rare and folks do not let them go very often while others are still available for sale from the manufacturers and store-fronts online.

Of course, I should know that question doesn't really have a simple answer. The games that are still available from their manufacturers would be the best to get right now, and then I can start hunting the others down. I'll have to start working on this after the Houston Arcade Expo this weekend..

..Al

Of course, I should know that question doesn't really have a simple answer. The games that are still available from their manufacturers would be the best to get right now, and then I can start hunting the others down. I'll have to start working on this after the Houston Arcade Expo this weekend..

..Al

I recently sold Ms Night Stalker and Super Chef BT (from 2014). I think both were 150.00+ Yeah, its crazy........I was just hoping to get around 75 each. But hey, Im not going to complain.

..Al

The most of the Elektronite games are still available at: https://www.naberhood.com

The Collectorvision games should be all available at: http://www.collectorvision.com/Intellivision/index.htm

For Intelligentvision games you should ask Dave if he have some left: http://www.intellivision.us

Thanks for reply intellivotion. Weird that original OLs are not included, but I know that original OLs were also slightly to large and then corrected if I remember correctly.

It's exactly what I knew. The old overlays were also a bit "transparent", the new ones had stronger colors.

• 2 months later...

Very nice list - thanks for updating. Only slight omission I see is that Sydney Hunter shoukd have Mattel/CBS in brackets similar to Space Raid & Princess Quest.

yeah, but there should be written Coleco/CBS. The "main" version of Sydney has a layout that recalls the Coleco games: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226942-collectorvision-official-ordering-thread-for-sydney-hunter/?p=3018417