IGNORED

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

I read that, but I hoped he made a descision on that. I really would love that game, seems to be one of the most exciting games on the console. Not just the setting, also the gameplay seems to be pretty good and complex. I take my hat of for this game (as many others in the competition too).

I think this is a good list. Any other list is a list of Variants. That should be a separate list!!!! :mad:

Otherwise I don't have them ALL!

I do not have all the variants either. But, I do have all of the ones that are on this list.

Very nice list - thanks for updating. Only slight omission I see is that Sydney Hunter shoukd have Mattel/CBS in brackets similar to Space Raid & Princess Quest.

Updated

Since the Original 125 List thread is pinned, why isn't the Official Homebrew List pinned?

I asked for it to be pinned, but then the HARD CORE list showed up and it was not talked about again.

Updated

I asked for it to be pinned, but then the HARD CORE list showed up and it was not talked about again.

Then by that standard the 125 List should be updated to the 647 list or what ever! With all ROM/Box/Country versions listed separately.

If we are going to have lists anchored, have the GAME lists and the Variant List. Baseball alone has what, 16 variants?

I think a home Brew list and the 125 list are both a good touch stone.

Then have a photo essay on the variants, alphabetically for the Hardcore! A realm I have only passively begun.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Should I add the myriad versions of Christmas Carol as well? You know, just to be complete. I mean, the CGE edition has my name scribbled in it (and a clear shell) and so the packaging is very different from the regular retail one.

Then the first version sold online had a bug in which you cannot get to the last stage, so technically it is different than the later versions that had a full 16 levels. Those are clearly two separate versions. I just didn't have the presence of mind to charge more for those two extra levels.

:lol: :rolling:

Edited by DZ-Jay

Should I add the myriad versions of Christmas Carol as well? You know, just to be complete. I mean, the CGE edition has my name scribbled in it (and a clear shell) and so the packaging is very different from the regular retail one.

Then the first version sold online had a bug in which you cannot get to the last stage, so technically it is different than the later versions that had a full 16 levels. Those are clearly two separate versions. I just didn't have the presence of mind to charge more for those two extra levels.

:lol: :rolling:

Oh that's funny. But, seriously, the SE version has 2 entire levels the other two do not, an a completely different 'how high can you go' screen. Notice how Kroz is one line even though it had a minor change. I think 2 levels is more than a minor change. Others that have packaging and producer differences are also one line when the game is essentially the same.

Oh that's funny. But, seriously, the SE version has 2 entire levels the other two do not, an a completely different 'how high can you go' screen. Notice how Kroz is one line even though it had a minor change. I think 2 levels is more than a minor change. Others that have packaging and producer differences are also one line when the game is essentially the same.

It's a variation, nothing more. It's still a minor change. I thought the discussion in this thread steered towards not counting variations.

It's one thing to continue to milk one title; it's another to revise the "official" list of games with minor variations. You know that will just push newcomers (not to mention the hardcore collectors) to e-Bay in search for a complete set of games. I don't think that's right.

But, hey! To each his own.

Any more thoughts on combining or not combining the DK Arcades? DK Arcade, D2k Arcade and D2K Arcade SE

I contend that they are each different games. Some levels do overlap, but all three have unique levels that the others do not.

• Like 2

in my opinion , enough of a difference to call them different games.. Just think about pac man and ms pac man.

not much difference in game play except for ms pac man has different mazes , floating fruits and the cut scenes.

That's if you don't include the you have options screen for ms pac man..

Just my thought on this..

Edited by m-crew

Any more thoughts on combining or not combining the DK Arcades? DK Arcade, D2k Arcade and D2K Arcade SE

I contend that they are each different games. Some levels do overlap, but all three have unique levels that the others do not.

In my collection I consider them to be three separate issues. Others may feel differently but I believe they warrant their own spots

In my collection I consider them to be three separate issues. Others may feel differently but I believe they warrant their own spots

i agree with you. I view them seperately. If you look at dk only having 4 screens in the arcade it is enough for me to view them seperately with 2+ levels on home versions.