IGNORED

H.E.R.O

Darren01274

yeah the NTSC copies seem to priced on ebay anywhere from $40 to a little over $100 (mind you these over $100 listings are all buy it now's) so they seem to prohibitively expensive in a lot of regions. This is actually my most wanted Atari game right so I feel for for you man. :(

yeah the NTSC copies seem to priced on ebay anywhere from $40 to a little over $100 (mind you these over $100 listings are all buy it now's) so they seem to prohibitively expensive in a lot of regions. This is actually my most wanted Atari game right so I feel for for you man. :(

Yep I really enjoy playing that game on Stella, but I am not going to pay silly money for it. I wouldn't mind, before I bought my Woody, I saw one on ebay go for less then £7.

H.E.R.O. is one of the main reasons I opted for Harmony. I'm not a collector myself, just wanted to play the games! And after seeing the prices for this particular one, adding say Beamrider - those two alone would pay for Harmony. Not to mention Pitfall 2 which would add another half of Harmony's cost, and a handful other games which I always wanted to try out too.

Then there's the pain of having to build your own carts if you want to check out the proper modern PAL port of Montezuma's Revege and some other games which only existed in NTSC version, or improved Battlezone and all the PAL 60 roms...

Lastly, there are tons of homebrews, demos and the whole Supercharger business that Harmony/Encore conveniently puts at your fingertips. All that for the aforementioned cost of two uncommon cartridges on Ebay.

Seriously, if you're not obsessed about having the physical cart on your shelf - do yourself a favor and just get Harmony instead. All the more cost-efficient in PAL land where the VCS foothold was never even remotely as strong as in the States.

Edited by Mef
  • Like 2

I got my Special label H.E.R.O. cart in a joblot of 36 carts. Only paid £41 and they all had manuals too, which were not advertised,the real bonus being that Space Shuttle had its overlays and they were unused. There are often hidden gems in bundles which slip under peoples radars.

H.E.R.O. is one of the main reasons I opted for Harmony. I'm not a collector myself, just wanted to play the games! And after seeing the prices for this particular one, adding say Beamrider - those two alone would pay for Harmony. Not to mention Pitfall 2 which would add another half of Harmony's cost, and a handful other games which I always wanted to try out too.

Then there's the pain of having to build your own carts if you want to check out the proper modern PAL port of Montezuma's Revege and some other games which only existed in NTSC version, or improved Battlezone and all the PAL 60 roms...

Lastly, there are tons of homebrews, demos and the whole Supercharger business that Harmony/Encore conveniently puts at your fingertips. All that for the aforementioned cost of two uncommon cartridges on Ebay.

Seriously, if you're not obsessed about having the physical cart on your shelf - do yourself a favor and just get Harmony instead. All the more cost-efficient in PAL land where the VCS foothold was never even remotely as strong as in the States.SounmWhere can I purchase an Harmony cart that ship to the UK?

Where can I purchase a PAL Harmony Cart that ships to the UK? Sounds like it would save me a lot of cash in the long run.

PAL or NTSC is a matter of Software change which you can perform yourself once you got the cart, so no worries.

Shipment is worldwide, all the details available on a dedicated site here.

Worth also checking the Forums' board for Harmony,

I gave $71.99 for mine so rouglhy £47, with economy intl shipping. And it was the best shipping service I got in ages, with proper tracking INSIDE the country of designation.

I didn't want any of that to sound like obnoxious advertising, and I got no affiliations with Harmony/Encore team either, just spreading the word since the device is sooo worth it for a gamer.

If you also want to have an option to play the few very-large homebrews (including possible future ones) and that one release from back in the day that Harmony doesn't (Megaboy edu-game rom), Harmony Encore is the newer version of Harmony which alleviates all previous limitations. Here's the tread about the differences between distinct versions of the hardware.

Edited by Mef

PAL or NTSC is a matter of Software change which you can perform yourself once you got the cart, so no worries.

Shipment is worldwide, all the details available on a dedicated site here.

Worth also checking the Forums' board for Harmony,

I gave $71.99 for mine so rouglhy £47, with economy intl shipping. And it was the best shipping service I got in ages, with proper tracking INSIDE the country of designation.

I didn't want any of that to sound like obnoxious advertising, and I got no affiliations with Harmony/Encore team either, just spreading the word since the device is sooo worth it for a gamer.

If you also want to have an option to play the few very-large homebrews (including possible future ones) and that one release from back in the day that Harmony doesn't (Megaboy edu-game rom), Harmony Encore is the newer version of Harmony which alleviates all previous limitations. Here's the tread about the differences between distinct versions of the hardware.

I just picked up my standard Harmony and it is absolutely amazing. The H.E.R.O. Rom I initially had must have been a PAL version since it only displayed in black and white. That was remedied by a quick search on the internet.

This cart is simply astounding. If you are a collector, that's cool, but if you simply want to play the games, "as they were made to be played", then this cartridge is a no brainer.

Heck, the homebrew, Conquest of Mars, the incredible "Caverns of Mars" port of the under appreciated 400/800 game is nearly worth the price of admission alone.

Get a Harmony and you won't regret it.

HERO is a $25+ cart now? When did that happen? Last time I checked, it was more like $15-20. It's not that rare of a game.

I know the 5200 version gets very spendy, as do the cartridge versions for Commodore and Atari computers. It's sad how prices just keep jacking up. Glad I got most of my stuff when I did.

• 3 weeks later...