IGNORED

could PS1 Cyber Sled be hacked to use the analog thumbsticks?

ComputerSpaceFan

This might be a tall order but I know I've seen some PS1 homebrews on here so maybe not?

I would like to enjoy the Cyber Sled port but not being able to use the analog thumbsticks of the later PS1 dual shock in that game is a real shame, especially since it is so central to how the original arcade machine played.

How hard would it be to hack the code to enable thumbsticks to be used?

• 1 year later...

Not that it means anything, but I certainly agree with this idea.

I used to play Cyber Sled all the time, and back then I didn't have any issue with the controls. But now, after years of dual stick controls being the standard, going back and playing PS1 Cyber Sled feels incredibly unnatural.

Doesn't the JP only CyberSled 2 use the dual analog?

This might be a tall order but I know I've seen some PS1 homebrews on here so maybe not?

I would like to enjoy the Cyber Sled port but not being able to use the analog thumbsticks of the later PS1 dual shock in that game is a real shame, especially since it is so central to how the original arcade machine played.

How hard would it be to hack the code to enable thumbsticks to be used?

It would be a tricky recode of the game programming.

I modded my BLAZE TWINSHOCK Arcade Stick, used toggle switches connecting Player Two Stick to Player One four face buttons. A very easy mod that could be done on any dual player arcade stick.

Twin Stick Mod Guide: Console Arcade Method - http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=290325#p290325

75187.jpg

Edited by CRTGAMER