IGNORED

Homebrew Release Schedule For Atari Age Store

atarifan88

Pac-Man 8K and DK VCS aren't even finished yet, nor are there any firm dates set for when they'll be finished. Usually never is. Then there's the logistics between them and Albert that need to get worked out before they're available in the AA store. Ie: donor carts that need to be procured, board assembly, label and manual printing and finally, the assembly of it all and whatever else I'm forgetting.

Not sure the status of Space Raid, but remember... most all of these homebrews are a labor of love, being worked on at leisure by the programmer and everyone else involved. Manual and label artists, etc.

That said, seems a bunch of finished titles have been "coming soon" for quite a while now. I know Al's at least been busy with the latest game show and all, but I've got a side wall dedicated to such AA paraphernalia as I patiently wait. With AA stickers as "notches" counting down the months that pass… :lol:

post-13896-0-67216700-1439321799_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I will be releasing several games this month, and then more at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo. Games coming soon are Brik, JumpVCS, Galactopus, Wall Jump Ninja, and L.E.M. Games coming to Portland are Star Castle Arcade, Dungeon Stalker, The Stacks, and some others that I'm going to try and have ready by then. Games released at Portland will be available in the AtariAge Store after the show. Astro Fighter is also in here somewhere, but not sure where just yet. There are two other 2600 projects that will initially be sold via the forum, as they will be offered in limited numbers.

Bentley Bear Crystal Quest is waiting on an ample supply of POKEY chips or the new HOKEY drop-in POKEY replacement. Evil Magician II needs proper label artwork. :)

..Al

• Like 7

I will be releasing several games this month, and then more at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo. Games coming soon are Brik, JumpVCS, Galactopus, Wall Jump Ninja, and L.E.M. Games coming to Portland are Star Castle Arcade, Dungeon Stalker, The Stacks, and some others that I'm going to try and have ready by then. Games released at Portland will be available in the AtariAge Store after the show. Astro Fighter is also in here somewhere, but not sure where just yet. There are two other 2600 projects that will initially be sold via the forum, as they will be offered in limited numbers.

Bentley Bear Crystal Quest is waiting on an ample supply of POKEY chips or the new HOKEY drop-in POKEY replacement. Evil Magician II needs proper label artwork. :)

..Al

Is JumpVCS the Donkey Kong VCS game that was done recently? Also, is Space Raid coming out this month or with the set of games in October?

Is JumpVCS the Donkey Kong VCS game that was done recently? Also, is Space Raid coming out this month or with the set of games in October?

No, JumpVCS is a different game. You can learn more about it here[/url].

Space Raid will also be added to the store this month. Forgot to mention it in my post above, thanks for bringing it up.

..Al

• Like 2

I don't know what you are using for store software, but a link above New Releases called Upcoming Releases that lets you pre-announce upcoming games when , has a button that let's the user subscribe to the game, then when you actually add the game to the store the system would automatically email those users that the game is available? Then remove the game for the Upcoming Release area.

A more important question...will you be able to do credit card processing at PRGE?

• Like 1

I don't know what you are using for store software, but a link above New Releases called Upcoming Releases that lets you pre-announce upcoming games when , has a button that let's the user subscribe to the game, then when you actually add the game to the store the system would automatically email those users that the game is available? Then remove the game for the Upcoming Release area.

The current store software sucks, and I will be upgrading it to completely different software later this year. I first have to complete some work on the main site, at which point I'll be able to work on the store.

A more important question...will you be able to do credit card processing at PRGE?

Yes! :)

..Al

• Like 2

..Al

No Zippy? :sad:

My guess would be one of the ones released first in limited numbered edition, or one of the ones he'll try and have ready for Portland.

Either way good news! :D

No Zippy? :sad:

Read my above statement a bit more carefully. :)

..Al

Edited by Jinroh

My guess would be one of the ones released first in limited numbered edition, or one of the ones he'll try and have ready for Portland.

Either way good news! :D

Well, my Princess Rescue badly needs Zippy for companionship. It's like "Red Plumber" and "Blue Porcupine" were destined to be Atari soulmates. Just not in that sort of way...

If I miss out on Zippy, I think I'll die a little inside... :sad:

• Like 3

I don't think I'd die a little inside, but I missed out on Princess Rescue cuz I waited too long, but I like Sonic..err...Zippy better anyway. :P

Well, my Princess Rescue badly needs Zippy for companionship. It's like "Red Plumber" and "Blue Porcupine" were destined to be Atari soulmates. Just not in that sort of way...

If I miss out on Zippy, I think I'll die a little inside... :sad:

I don't think I'd die a little inside, but I missed out on Princess Rescue cuz I waited too long, but I like Sonic..err...Zippy better anyway. :P

Sprybug is just an all around pal, and I helped beta test Princess Rescue. I've got a loose player's copy and a sealed CIB in acrylic case. At any rate I finally beat world Princess Rescue, saved the Princess, and actually left my Atari running over a week while attending classes, because I finally reached World 4 (3-3 was a PITA) and the game lets you restart on the first stage of the World you died in. It was worth it as I finally beat the game while returning from school the following weekend. I never tackled the second quest though. At any rate, I'm looking forward to a similar experience with Zippy, which is larger and more expansive than PR. I never could join the Zippy beta test team though because my Harmony can't load ROMs bigger than 32kb (Zippy is 64kb) and I loathe emulation. Either way, there is a very real possibility for a repeat of the C&D fiasco with this title, although Sega may be a bit more tolerant (crosses fingers). After all, Sega does what Nintendon't. :D

post-33189-0-01062000-1392713326.jpg

post-33189-0-04792800-1381128376.jpg

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 2

Oh nice man, congrats on the carts and beating it. :) Yeah Princess Rescue is sweet. I'm not as big a Mario fan as I was when I was 5 or whatever when the NES came out, but I enjoyed my playthrough of PR on Stella in any case. :D Sprybug did a terrific job, I was stoked about getting a copy but then mean Nintendo stepped on that once I finally had the cash for it. >:(

Once Zippy was announced though I was stoked because after Sonic came around my household Mario was left in the proverbial dust for me, so that tickles my fancy a bit more. :D

Sprybug is just an all around pal, and I helped beta test Princess Rescue. I've got a loose player's copy and a sealed CIB in acrylic case. At any rate I finally beat world Princess Rescue, saved the Princess, and actually left my Atari running over a week while attending classes, because I finally reached World 4 (3-3 was a PITA) and the game lets you restart on the first stage of the World you died in. It was worth it as I finally beat the game while returning from school the following weekend. I never tackled the second quest though. At any rate, I'm looking forward to a similar experience with Zippy, which is larger and more expansive than PR. I never could join the Zippy beta test team though because my Harmony can't load ROMs bigger than 32kb (Zippy is 64kb) and I loathe emulation. Either way, there is a very real possibility for a repeat of the C&D fiasco with this title, although Sega may be a bit more tolerant (crosses fingers). After all, Sega does what Nintendon't. :D